View Single Post

Old 09-21-2021, 11:07 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I could care less how or why you can't get it. Really think about it, if we just encourage everyone to take it because we can, wave bye bye to the possibility of more coming. Yeah it should be on experience but it's not, it doesn't give the one fanbase that wants it full on permission to take it and teach others how to do it. You want rare stuff to have a market? This isn't a great idea.
I'm with Rolo on this. If you put this stuff out there and don't give the fans the option to download it then the fans are going to find a way to save it. They have to expect that. If they wanted to do it properly, then give it as an exclusive to Sirius for a week or two and then put it on iTunes etc. Everybody wins. But if the only way to listen is to catch it when Sirius stream it, then fans are going to download / trade it, etc, any way that they can. Like Rolo says, it's no different to the way we recorded Milton Keynes or Wembley off of BBC Radio 1 back in the day etc. We all did that and no one had a problem with it.

As long as it's for your own personal use and you are not putting it out there for others to download or stream publicly, then I don't see the issue and I don't see how it threatens the Sirius stuff going forward at all.