View Single Post

Old 09-22-2021, 10:36 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I don't not agree but comparing this to the old fashioned ways where they were making the money elsewhere, I don't think it's an apt comparison. Sure they didn't care if shows were bootlegged, they were making hand over fist on merch sales, live shows, album sales, a cash cow bonanza in the old world.
I get it, but if you are recording it, then you must be signed up and therefore paying for it, and the band/writers etc get their royalties. I suppose if fans are swapping and trading things privately then they would be losing out on money, but essentially they have used a platform that is supposedly only available in the US, so they have to expect that international fans will try to find a way to get these recordings. If you don't want that to happen you use a service that is available worldwide and make it easy for fans to aquire these things legally. The harder you make it then the more you increase the amount of people getting things my other means.

I don't advocate illegal file sharing at all, but when there are very little other means, what choice do the fans have?

Last edited by Thinny; 09-22-2021 at 10:39 AM..