View Single Post

Old 06-24-2022, 03:14 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
It is a contract though, every purchase you make is a contract between you and the seller. They probably technically are in the clear for the most part, because they put out a bunch of “gray area” stuff like I said earlier, but if you use loopholes to get away with not delivering what you promised that’s still a scam. And whether people care or even notice that it’s a scam doesn’t change what it is.

If I buy a Bon Jovi CD from you and you (knowingly) put a Cher CD, that has songs co-written by Jon and Richie on it, in my bag instead and I just say “oh well this is fine, I like Cher” when I open the bag at home, that’s all good for me, being happy with what I got, but technically you still scammed me and just got lucky that I’m a customer who doesn’t care.

Chances are you’re right and they originally had different plans for this whole thing that didn’t work out, so they were left trying to fix things, but Bon Jovi[emoji3481] isn’t a small local business trying to survive where you might say “okay this was kinda sh*t, but they were in a difficult situation, so I understand”. They’re a massive corporation worth gigantic sums of money with business operations worldwide, so there’s really no excuse for them not delivering what they promised their customers. They easily could’ve hired more people to help them with the workload and they also should’ve been prepared, that stuff like VIP ticket sales might not work out in the end with the pandemic still going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the team as big as been talked about. Jon cleared house in 2013 and then a few years later the record deal changed with most jobs being third party. I think the days of it being band with a big corporate backing are long gone. Everything looks very amateur /small business-y.

I'm not defending them or saying what they did needed to be done because of Covid, had they had a strong team behind them it could have been a great two years of keeping fans appetites whet, digging through the archives, doing virtual shows of rarely performed songs and just about none of it happened. hem ripping directly from youtube is so low.

Personally I think people set their expectations WAY too high with this project. They're putting out stuff only a sliver of people in the greater pie know about. Are the rest getting scammed? Ehhh, it's a grey area. It's unreleased to them and technically most of this stuff is unreleased period and only exists to us because someone ripped it to youtube. There's stuff that was pulled directly from officially released DVDs, that stuff I agree on has no bearing being here but again, they never said how much of it would be unreleased/unheard. We just heard the word and went gaga for Hammersmith and demos.