Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

New Fan Club Package Updates

New Bon Jovi Releases


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1221  
Old 06-16-2021, 09:10 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,119
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Jon has been in the business 40 years, for all intents and purposes managed the band for 30 years, and doesn't seem like a stupid guy. You would think he knows the legalities better than any of us on here. And just to back up any lack of knowledge on his part, he surely has access to leading lawyers.
Doesn't mean he spoke to the lawyers before they made the initial announcement...it did all seem very rushed. They are clearly making this up as they go along.

And I'm sure Jon knows the ins and outs of the business side, but does Matt? Isn't this partly his baby? Maybe Jon thought he had it all in hand...who knows.

Either way, it just seems like a complete lack of preperation and effort.
__________________
Thinny
https://www.last.fm/user/Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #1222  
Old 06-16-2021, 09:12 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,534
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That's what I was about to throw in. Stuff like "Lost Boys" which he even mentioned in the Experience video by saying that this would be a good option to share (a few months in) would at least lead to the option of him sharing some solo-written demos. Of course I'd prefer full band recordings, but this is something that surely could be shared.

It so much feels like the essay of a student who promises to turn the world around in the introduction leading up to end, but ends up barely creeping through by the skin of his teeth by having done the absolut minimum requested in the end.

Might well be that they'd have to invest a few bucks to share some things, but then again, they probably had to so on the American XS service, on the bonus live tracks in the vault of 2010 and on the New Jersey demos in 2014. If we think back, it was Jon back then who restricted a great edition by not wanting to pay for restoration of some old live material.
Suuuuper good points. And I have to imagine back for XS the label was footing the bill for that stuff. With no touring on the horizon and people not buying albums, is there really a desire to spend money with no ROI. But it never should have gotten this far. That not one of Jon's yes men didn't say "yah you can't post this stuff so maybe not talk about it?" is a strange thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #1223  
Old 06-16-2021, 09:43 PM
semigoodlooking semigoodlooking is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Fan
 
Join Date: 04 Sep 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Doesn't mean he spoke to the lawyers before they made the initial announcement...it did all seem very rushed. They are clearly making this up as they go along.

And I'm sure Jon knows the ins and outs of the business side, but does Matt? Isn't this partly his baby? Maybe Jon thought he had it all in hand...who knows.

Either way, it just seems like a complete lack of preperation and effort.
My point was Jon probably wouldn't need to speak to his lawyers to know what's what. He surely has enough knowledge to know what he can share or not. However, I don't think you launch a subscription service that you advertise under the brand you have built over decades without consulting your legal team.

You do not simply pass it out to your brother to do. We are not talking about a small business here. Whether Matt is running this or not, I do not believe Jon would pass it on and say "do whatever you want with my name". He also actively took part in the promotion of the product, so knew what was being promised. He would have/should have known instantly at that point what he can and cannot share and would have flagged it.

If you run your own business (I think you said you do), don't you know the ins and outs of what you are legally allowed to do or not? If you are launching a new service, don't you go through everything to ensure you are on a good footing before it goes live? Incompetence is the only thing that stops that process happening.

So, Jon is either stupid or incompetent if this is a question of legality. I am not so sure he is either, which is why I am more on the side he doesn't care. Maybe he knew they couldn't use specific content but told his team to slap together a product either way. The Experience certainly looks slapped together so far.
Reply With Quote
  #1224  
Old 06-16-2021, 09:49 PM
Faceman Faceman is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 12 Apr 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 681
Default

I have a whole different impression:
I don't think Jon is involved at all in what the Experience does or does not. I think it's one of those "projects" he allowed Matt to do so that his scallawag-brother has something to do and maybe earn some bucks with it. So every once in a while Matt asks Jon to get in front of a camera, read some lines or watch some old YT clips. That's why he's always that ecstatic with his "wows" and "hmms".
And right after Matt has released some of Jon's videos with new promises, Jon's legal team comes around saying "Wait Matt, you can't do it that way".

By saying that, this doesn't excuse Jon in any way. But I think he just don't cares at all about that project. It's a friendly turn to his brother, just like Backstage was more or less a friendly turn to his mother.
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #1225  
Old 06-16-2021, 10:06 PM
semigoodlooking semigoodlooking is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Fan
 
Join Date: 04 Sep 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I have a whole different impression:
I don't think Jon is involved at all in what the Experience does or does not. I think it's one of those "projects" he allowed Matt to do so that his scallawag-brother has something to do and maybe earn some bucks with it. So every once in a while Matt asks Jon to get in front of a camera, read some lines or watch some old YT clips. That's why he's always that ecstatic with his "wows" and "hmms".
And right after Matt has released some of Jon's videos with new promises, Jon's legal team comes around saying "Wait Matt, you can't do it that way".

By saying that, this doesn't excuse Jon in any way. But I think he just don't cares at all about that project. It's a friendly turn to his brother, just like Backstage was more or less a friendly turn to his mother.


Whatever is causing this, we all agree it has been a mess. I wouldn't be surprised to see the JBJ Experience quietly swept under the rug.
Reply With Quote
  #1226  
Old 06-16-2021, 10:50 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,534
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Whatever is causing this, we all agree it has been a mess. I wouldn't be surprised to see the JBJ Experience quietly swept under the rug.
My take on it was it was supposed to be a supplement alongside concert tickets. An annual subscription that gets allows you to by VIP seats, the trips, get advanced notice as well as some side items and weird perks. They might have thought touring would resume sooner than it did. Who cares what it comes with, people are mostly here to buy tickets early. Take away the tickets and you just have a bargain bin of why this?

So I think next year none of this is going to matter if ticket sales are in the mix. AFAIK this replaced the fan club (did it, I legit don't know?)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #1227  
Old 06-16-2021, 11:01 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I have a whole different impression:
I don't think Jon is involved at all in what the Experience does or does not. I think it's one of those "projects" he allowed Matt to do so that his scallawag-brother has something to do and maybe earn some bucks with it. So every once in a while Matt asks Jon to get in front of a camera, read some lines or watch some old YT clips. That's why he's always that ecstatic with his "wows" and "hmms".
And right after Matt has released some of Jon's videos with new promises, Jon's legal team comes around saying "Wait Matt, you can't do it that way".

By saying that, this doesn't excuse Jon in any way. But I think he just don't cares at all about that project. It's a friendly turn to his brother, just like Backstage was more or less a friendly turn to his mother.
You mean it's something like when he had Tony shoot videos for all Bounce songs that no one cared for in the end? Once, I had even heard the rumour that Tony was to shoot a video for Just Older and it was axed by Jon 'cause it was so not to his liking.
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #1228  
Old 06-16-2021, 11:18 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,119
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
You do not simply pass it out to your brother to do. We are not talking about a small business here. Whether Matt is running this or not, I do not believe Jon would pass it on and say "do whatever you want with my name". He also actively took part in the promotion of the product, so knew what was being promised. He would have/should have known instantly at that point what he can and cannot share and would have flagged it.

If you run your own business (I think you said you do), don't you know the ins and outs of what you are legally allowed to do or not? If you are launching a new service, don't you go through everything to ensure you are on a good footing before it goes live? Incompetence is the only thing that stops that process happening.

So, Jon is either stupid or incompetent if this is a question of legality. I am not so sure he is either, which is why I am more on the side he doesn't care. Maybe he knew they couldn't use specific content but told his team to slap together a product either way. The Experience certainly looks slapped together so far.
If you run your own business you also don't rush announcements, make promises you can't follow through on and provide people that buy your product shoddy merchandise. This whole project has been a mess and I have to question how much involvement Jon has had in it. Personally, I'm not sure Jon really cares about this project at all. In my opinion someone came to him with the idea and he was like "sure, but you just deal with it". We all know that Jon is neither stupid or incompetent, and he's always been a perfectionist, which makes this even more baffeling....

Matt on the other hand....
__________________
Thinny
https://www.last.fm/user/Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #1229  
Old 06-16-2021, 11:21 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,119
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I have a whole different impression:
I don't think Jon is involved at all in what the Experience does or does not. I think it's one of those "projects" he allowed Matt to do so that his scallawag-brother has something to do and maybe earn some bucks with it. So every once in a while Matt asks Jon to get in front of a camera, read some lines or watch some old YT clips. That's why he's always that ecstatic with his "wows" and "hmms".
And right after Matt has released some of Jon's videos with new promises, Jon's legal team comes around saying "Wait Matt, you can't do it that way".

By saying that, this doesn't excuse Jon in any way. But I think he just don't cares at all about that project. It's a friendly turn to his brother, just like Backstage was more or less a friendly turn to his mother.
Yup, exactly the point I was trying to make, you just did it better!
__________________
Thinny
https://www.last.fm/user/Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #1230  
Old 06-17-2021, 03:06 AM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Freak
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 34
Gender: female
Posts: 3,319
Default

New video on the Experience; I swear that I prefer to watch old pictures of Jon than watching him saying almost nothing.
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.