Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

New Fan Club Package Updates

New Bon Jovi Releases


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #131  
Old 11-22-2020, 03:44 AM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is offline
Senior Member
Posting everyday
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 7,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunorc21 View Post
I find very amusing how some board members really like to complain about something that some other board member already clarified on the opposite way 2 or 3 posts before or about something that not even happened yet
Is this a riddle?

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
__________________
World’s Most Professional Bon Jovi Fan!!!

Last edited by Rdkopper; 11-22-2020 at 07:12 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #132  
Old 11-22-2020, 10:57 PM
artinis1 artinis1 is offline
Member
Runaway
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2002
Posts: 80
Default

Why doesn’t he just do a live archive program like Springsteen does? Obie can be in charge. I’m not saying he releases a live show every month, but maybe every quarter. The time is now for something like this.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Yesterday, 02:11 AM
StickToYourGuns45's Avatar
StickToYourGuns45 StickToYourGuns45 is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 22 Jan 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artinis1 View Post
Why doesn’t he just do a live archive program like Springsteen does? Obie can be in charge. I’m not saying he releases a live show every month, but maybe every quarter. The time is now for something like this.
I agree, this could easily be done and IMO would please most of the diehards.

Based on live tracks from singles, there should be a decent pool of shows that can be sourced. Lakeland 1989, Giants Stadium 1989, Hammersmith Odeon 1990, Melbourne 1995, Toronto 2000, Central Park 2008, Rio 1990, Tampa 1995, Boston 2005, the shows that the 2010 deluxe live songs came from, the list goes on.

Even a clean up of Milton Keynes 1993 (as per Dry County single) or Yokohama 1996 (OWN) would be well received. Even Zurich 2000 with all songs would be great.
__________________
Mike

Upcoming Richie Sambora Concerts:
29/09/2016 - @ The Enmore Theatre, Sydney

Past Bon Jovi Concerts:
21/01/2008 - @ Acer Arena, Sydney
22/01/2008 - @ Acer Arena, Sydney
27/01/2008 - @ Ami Stadium, Christchurch, New Zealand
17/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
18/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
19/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
14/12/2013 - @ ANZ Stadium, Sydney
15/12/2013 - @ Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney
26/02/2014 - @ Enmore Theatre (Richie)
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Yesterday, 02:29 AM
musiccritic101's Avatar
musiccritic101 musiccritic101 is offline
Member
Breakout
 
Join Date: 10 Jan 2020
Location: New Zealand
Gender: male
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 View Post
I agree, this could easily be done and IMO would please most of the diehards.

Based on live tracks from singles, there should be a decent pool of shows that can be sourced. Lakeland 1989, Giants Stadium 1989, Hammersmith Odeon 1990, Melbourne 1995, Toronto 2000, Central Park 2008, Rio 1990, Tampa 1995, Boston 2005, the shows that the 2010 deluxe live songs came from, the list goes on.

Even a clean up of Milton Keynes 1993 (as per Dry County single) or Yokohama 1996 (OWN) would be well received. Even Zurich 2000 with all songs would be great.
It basically comes down to if Jon really wants to spend money on remastering stuff from the vault. Not to mention the fact if Jon does decide to officially release stuff from the vault all of the audio mastering will be down to Obie and we all know how subpar his audio mixing work can be at times, the MSG 2008 DVD being an example.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 View Post
I agree, this could easily be done and IMO would please most of the diehards.



Based on live tracks from singles, there should be a decent pool of shows that can be sourced. Lakeland 1989, Giants Stadium 1989, Hammersmith Odeon 1990, Melbourne 1995, Toronto 2000, Central Park 2008, Rio 1990, Tampa 1995, Boston 2005, the shows that the 2010 deluxe live songs came from, the list goes on.



Even a clean up of Milton Keynes 1993 (as per Dry County single) or Yokohama 1996 (OWN) would be well received. Even Zurich 2000 with all songs would be great.
Dry County wasn't from Milton Keynes though.

Where did we have a live track from Tampa 1995?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM
StickToYourGuns45's Avatar
StickToYourGuns45 StickToYourGuns45 is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 22 Jan 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Dry County wasn't from Milton Keynes though.

Where did we have a live track from Tampa 1995?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
I thought the live version of Dry County was from Milton Keynes night 2? Perhaps I'm mistaken? https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-Dry...elease/2018700 Also I thought I read somewhere that Something For The Pain from the This Ain't A Love Song single as from Tampa 95'. Again could be wrong and happy to be corrected.

Cheers,

Mike
__________________
Mike

Upcoming Richie Sambora Concerts:
29/09/2016 - @ The Enmore Theatre, Sydney

Past Bon Jovi Concerts:
21/01/2008 - @ Acer Arena, Sydney
22/01/2008 - @ Acer Arena, Sydney
27/01/2008 - @ Ami Stadium, Christchurch, New Zealand
17/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
18/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
19/12/2010 - @ Sydney Football Stadium
14/12/2013 - @ ANZ Stadium, Sydney
15/12/2013 - @ Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney
26/02/2014 - @ Enmore Theatre (Richie)

Last edited by StickToYourGuns45; Yesterday at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM
Faceman Faceman is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 12 Apr 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 View Post
Based on live tracks from singles, there should be a decent pool of shows that can be sourced. Lakeland 1989, Giants Stadium 1989, Hammersmith Odeon 1990, Melbourne 1995, Toronto 2000, Central Park 2008, Rio 1990, Tampa 1995, Boston 2005, the shows that the 2010 deluxe live songs came from, the list goes on.

Even a clean up of Milton Keynes 1993 (as per Dry County single) or Yokohama 1996 (OWN) would be well received. Even Zurich 2000 with all songs would be great.
Most of the live stuff that made it on B-sides were broadcasts from radio or/and TV stations, so that they didn't have to mix it for a release. Bon Jovi always were lazy when it came to those kind of things.
So it's questionable if these recordings even exist in the Bon Jovi vault and if they still exist in the radio stations' vaults. Besides that Bon Jovi would need the license to release them which most probably would cost them some money.
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM
jovifan93 jovifan93 is offline
Senior Member
Dry County
 
Join Date: 19 Mar 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany
Age: 43
Gender: male
Posts: 1,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Most of the live stuff that made it on B-sides were broadcasts from radio or/and TV stations, so that they didn't have to mix it for a release. Bon Jovi always were lazy when it came to those kind of things.
So it's questionable if these recordings even exist in the Bon Jovi vault and if they still exist in the radio stations' vaults. Besides that Bon Jovi would need the license to release them which most probably would cost them some money.
Well they should have the soundboards, as I think I recall they taped those (probably in DAT format?). That would be fine with me, maybe apply some mastering plugins, but otherwise that's what I'd want to hear, no big remix or something, just what I heard at the concert, only crystal clear
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 1,938
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 View Post
I thought the live version of Dry County was from Milton Keynes night 2? Perhaps I'm mistaken? https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-Dry...elease/2018700
It's listed as MK on the disc, but if you compare it to bootlegs of that night, it's clearly not from that show!
__________________
Thinny
http://www.thethincontroller.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.