View Single Post

Old 05-08-2021, 05:01 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
It's worth remembering that off of the back of the success of Slippery etc, both of the first two albums ended up selling over 3 million copies.

People who are there for the nostalgia trip are probably more likely to want to hear tracks from those albums than from Lost Highway etc...
For sure but that's 3 million over the course of 20 some odd years, right? LH sold decently enough in the three years before The Circle tour that the average concert-goer that's a casual fan is more likely to have it in their car. This is all just my crazy opinion but Jon keeping those songs in is lazy and selfish but at the same time it's more recent in people's memories than Shot Through The Heart. If people are going to respond to nostalgia I don't know if track 4 on the debut album is going to get the reaction people think it will. We're also talking about songs that were on the recent DVD releases. Again, I'm not saying people are going nuts for these songs and going to the shows to hear them, I'm making the point they're songs more people know about than album cuts from 84.

But this is all just my opinion. Faceman and Seb is right, it's all in how you sell the songs and looking back at those early performances it felt very going-through-the-motions trying not to mess up, it needed more time to get comfort but that's what rehearsals are for. Either way it's a shame.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 05-08-2021 at 05:05 PM..