View Single Post

Old 05-08-2021, 10:35 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
For sure but that's 3 million over the course of 20 some odd years, right? LH sold decently enough in the three years before The Circle tour that the average concert-goer that's a casual fan is more likely to have it in their car. This is all just my crazy opinion but Jon keeping those songs in is lazy and selfish but at the same time it's more recent in people's memories than Shot Through The Heart. If people are going to respond to nostalgia I don't know if track 4 on the debut album is going to get the reaction people think it will. We're also talking about songs that were on the recent DVD releases. Again, I'm not saying people are going nuts for these songs and going to the shows to hear them, I'm making the point they're songs more people know about than album cuts from 84.
I kind of disagree. I think the fan base was still strong enough at that point that a lot of sales would have been coming from hard core fans, not casuals. People coming to hear the hits would not have been interested in hearing anything from the current albums, they want the stuff they know, which for a a lot of the audience would be the slippery/jersey era, and maybe the earlier stuff. Those people wouldn't have a clue about lost highway. Those kind of fans do not want new material. Sure the other half of the audience is the fan base that keeps up with the new material, BUT they will also be familar with the first two albums. They may not own them, but they may know them from iTunes, Spotify etc. Usually, Nostalgia fans are not really the streaming/downloading type. So overall, I think more people know the older stuff. Or maybe it's 50/50. But who really knows...

Of coures you also have the fans that only know Cross Road or The Greatest Hits

I certainly think here in the UK stuff from the first two albums would go down way better that anything from the last 15 years, album track wise.