View Single Post

Old 05-10-2021, 05:25 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_86 View Post
I think this issue with what is and what isn't played has only really become a problem over the last couple of years due to Jon losing the ability to sing.

Up to and including the WAN tour, set lists have always been shaken up regularly to appease casual and die hard fans.

I've seen alot of bands over the years but I've never known any to alter their sets as drastically as Jon did. Most bands stick to the same rigid set and change one or two for the same songs every other night. Jon used to change set lists on a whim if he decided he wanted to play something different.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
Did he though? I think it's of massive importance to note what area we're talking about. I'm only speaking about 2002 onwards, North America wise the setlists were pretty much the same the whole tour with certain slots swapped around here and there, especially if it's multiple nights in the same city. Even as early as 2005 I saw a lot of boredom and sitting down for the TLFR versions and some album cuts.

But yeah, again, UK and Japan are a world away from what we get here. I'd more luck out being so close to Toronto where we'd get a decent rarity per show up until 2013.