View Single Post

Old 06-16-2021, 06:44 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Jon has been in the business 40 years, for all intents and purposes managed the band for 30 years, and doesn't seem like a stupid guy. You would think he knows the legalities better than any of us on here. And just to back up any lack of knowledge on his part, he surely has access to leading lawyers.

This has to be more than putting together a package and then realizing "wait a minute, we cannot use any of this stuff". It is increasingly leaning to them just not caring enough and wanting to make a quick buck.
Yeah that's fair.

I think...Jon focussing on songs he wrote alone would wipe out some options, yeah, but it's options people don't even know exist. The rate the dude has written over the last 30ish years there's going to be enough songs he did before he decided to take it to another writer to work on with them. The fact that he can't even pull out one of those, I really don't get it. To think the dude doesn't have enough unreleased self-written songs for 12 months, 1 a month, I just don't buy it.