View Single Post

Old 06-16-2021, 06:52 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yeah that's fair.

I think...Jon focussing on songs he wrote alone would wipe out some options, yeah, but it's options people don't even know exist. The rate the dude has written over the last 30ish years there's going to be enough songs he did before he decided to take it to another writer to work on with them. The fact that he can't even pull out one of those, I really don't get it. To think the dude doesn't have enough unreleased self-written songs for 12 months, 1 a month, I just don't buy it.
That's what I was about to throw in. Stuff like "Lost Boys" which he even mentioned in the Experience video by saying that this would be a good option to share (a few months in) would at least lead to the option of him sharing some solo-written demos. Of course I'd prefer full band recordings, but this is something that surely could be shared.

It so much feels like the essay of a student who promises to turn the world around in the introduction leading up to end, but ends up barely creeping through by the skin of his teeth by having done the absolut minimum requested in the end.

Might well be that they'd have to invest a few bucks to share some things, but then again, they probably had to so on the American XS service, on the bonus live tracks in the vault of 2010 and on the New Jersey demos in 2014. If we think back, it was Jon back then who restricted a great edition by not wanting to pay for restoration of some old live material.