View Single Post

Old 06-16-2021, 09:12 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That's what I was about to throw in. Stuff like "Lost Boys" which he even mentioned in the Experience video by saying that this would be a good option to share (a few months in) would at least lead to the option of him sharing some solo-written demos. Of course I'd prefer full band recordings, but this is something that surely could be shared.

It so much feels like the essay of a student who promises to turn the world around in the introduction leading up to end, but ends up barely creeping through by the skin of his teeth by having done the absolut minimum requested in the end.

Might well be that they'd have to invest a few bucks to share some things, but then again, they probably had to so on the American XS service, on the bonus live tracks in the vault of 2010 and on the New Jersey demos in 2014. If we think back, it was Jon back then who restricted a great edition by not wanting to pay for restoration of some old live material.
Suuuuper good points. And I have to imagine back for XS the label was footing the bill for that stuff. With no touring on the horizon and people not buying albums, is there really a desire to spend money with no ROI. But it never should have gotten this far. That not one of Jon's yes men didn't say "yah you can't post this stuff so maybe not talk about it?" is a strange thing.