View Single Post

Old 06-16-2021, 11:18 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
You do not simply pass it out to your brother to do. We are not talking about a small business here. Whether Matt is running this or not, I do not believe Jon would pass it on and say "do whatever you want with my name". He also actively took part in the promotion of the product, so knew what was being promised. He would have/should have known instantly at that point what he can and cannot share and would have flagged it.

If you run your own business (I think you said you do), don't you know the ins and outs of what you are legally allowed to do or not? If you are launching a new service, don't you go through everything to ensure you are on a good footing before it goes live? Incompetence is the only thing that stops that process happening.

So, Jon is either stupid or incompetent if this is a question of legality. I am not so sure he is either, which is why I am more on the side he doesn't care. Maybe he knew they couldn't use specific content but told his team to slap together a product either way. The Experience certainly looks slapped together so far.
If you run your own business you also don't rush announcements, make promises you can't follow through on and provide people that buy your product shoddy merchandise. This whole project has been a mess and I have to question how much involvement Jon has had in it. Personally, I'm not sure Jon really cares about this project at all. In my opinion someone came to him with the idea and he was like "sure, but you just deal with it". We all know that Jon is neither stupid or incompetent, and he's always been a perfectionist, which makes this even more baffeling....

Matt on the other hand....