View Single Post

Old 12-03-2021, 02:56 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Look closer, the role Shanks plays on each song changes based on the song (mandolin on Lower the Flag, no acoustic guitar on Limitless.

The guitar solos weren't recorded in Nashville btw. The bed tracks were and then built upon throughout studios after the fact. I'm not sure why you're bringing that up, Phil clearly plays the BD solo so what's your point there?

I hear what you're saying about Alec but....no. Not by a long shot. All liner notes back then protected the band, Drums: Tico. Bass: Alec. Guitars: Richie. Cut and dry. These notes are insanely specific to the point of showing what songs David DIDN'T play on. Why would they do that and fluff up Phil's role when you can hear him panned right in the mix on the exact songs it says he's on and then hear him absent on the songs it says he's not?
I really don't feel like shifting through old Phil interviews but 2020 was not that long ago and I remember specific interviews when downplayed his role on the new album (2020)...

If he's not involved with the creative process and brought in after the fact, common sense prevails.

He came in as a session player which totally makes sense considering the fact that he is the touring guitarist. And that's pretty much what Dave and Tico are too now...

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk