View Single Post

Old 06-23-2022, 10:35 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
It’s not reaaaally unreleased material anymore after it’s already been streamed for every American with a Sirius subscription though, is it? I know it’s kind of a “gray area” - does it still count as unreleased material or not? - but it just feels like a cheap loophole to get away with making those extra bucks from the silver subscriptions while putting in as little effort as possible.

However, I’m also gonna admit that I’m biased and hold a personal grudge against the Experience because I was a silver member for the first year and basically wasted that money on David Bergman videos and footage that was ripped straight from YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But that raises the question, does the fanbase want it because it's unreleased or because it's good? They are absolutely skirting the rules by pulling stuff largely forgotten off of Youtube, no doubt about it, but for non collectors its some neat stuff if you're not hung totally up on the notion that a few hundred people know it exists. For the completest it's probably less desirable, true.

Thinny brought up a very good point, all the Bergman stuff (That really should have been three to four videos tops) is hella exclusive. The word doesn't lose its meaning because the package didn't hit your (not you specifically, the fanbase in generals) expectations.

The Experience isn't for the type of fan I am, but if you're new to the band or don't collect I just don't think it was that horrible.