View Single Post

Old 06-24-2022, 12:05 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
You're saying a lot I agree with but I think likening this to signing a contract is a bit much. If at some point they put out stuff that checked all the of boxes, which I believe they have, that would clear them. I don't recall there being anyone saying "we're going to give you and keep giving you stuff never released.

I just think....the side of the fanbase this is marketed towards is decently sizable compared to the 0.00001% people who lose their shit if a pre-aired radio broadcast makes the cut. I don't think I'd call it being scammed. Where ones expectations were going into it has everything to do with how they feel when they content is revealed.

It's been lackluster, I'll give ya that, but it's up to each person that paid to decide if it was or was not worth it based on their level of fandom. The loudest people here complaining are the ones that didn't buy it. My gut reaction will always be this was going to be used to sell vip tickets and some shoddy bonus stuff to make it more worth it and when the tour fell apart (pretty much twice) it left them with a mountain of work to try and fix things and it was too little too late.

It is a contract though, every purchase you make is a contract between you and the seller. They probably technically are in the clear for the most part, because they put out a bunch of “gray area” stuff like I said earlier, but if you use loopholes to get away with not delivering what you promised that’s still a scam. And whether people care or even notice that it’s a scam doesn’t change what it is.

If I buy a Bon Jovi CD from you and you (knowingly) put a Cher CD, that has songs co-written by Jon and Richie on it, in my bag instead and I just say “oh well this is fine, I like Cher” when I open the bag at home, that’s all good for me, being happy with what I got, but technically you still scammed me and just got lucky that I’m a customer who doesn’t care.

Chances are you’re right and they originally had different plans for this whole thing that didn’t work out, so they were left trying to fix things, but Bon Jovi[emoji3481] isn’t a small local business trying to survive where you might say “okay this was kinda sh*t, but they were in a difficult situation, so I understand”. They’re a massive corporation worth gigantic sums of money with business operations worldwide, so there’s really no excuse for them not delivering what they promised their customers. They easily could’ve hired more people to help them with the workload and they also should’ve been prepared, that stuff like VIP ticket sales might not work out in the end with the pandemic still going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk