Home Register Members FAQ

New Fan Club Package Updates

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 06-22-2021, 07:58 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Did you subscribe initially?
I subscribed when the exclusive video of Luv Can and Shine was released live for the Experience and the announcement of the Christmas songs. I understood that they were serious, but it was all a mirage, a hook. Another cheap trick to fool fans.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:41 PM
Dry County

I subscribed because of Black Friday, but had other expectations as well. Glad I got only silver as the boxes are not for me (for the most part)
Old 06-23-2021, 12:01 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I subscribed when the exclusive video of Luv Can and Shine was released live for the Experience and the announcement of the Christmas songs. I understood that they were serious, but it was all a mirage, a hook. Another cheap trick to fool fans.
Which one did you choose?
Old 06-23-2021, 03:27 PM
Breakout

The sad thing on this announcement is that if they will release the box set in 2023, it will be just digital release. I mean... it will be 40th anniversary of the band. Every band of this status like U2 or as was mentioned - Metallica, if they will celebrate 40th anniversary, they would prepare a nice package with at least 5 disks, photos, posters - they would really take care of that, but Bon Jovi? Hah... They will put 50 unreleased songs on their website for 80 dollars in MP3 and that's it. that's all. That's the big celebration of 40th anniversary of the band which sold over 100 million albums worldwide. they just don't f*cking care, because it doesn't make them too much money, so why they would take care about that? This band is nothing what it used to be. It's not about music anymore... it's just a money machine for fake Americans like Jerry who are scared to tell themselves that Jon is a liar.

Last edited by Peter_Nik; 06-23-2021 at 03:29 PM..
Old 06-23-2021, 03:43 PM
Jovi Freak

I'll take the MP3s over the apron and oven mitts.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:43 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Nik View Post
The sad thing on this announcement is that if they will release the box set in 2023, it will be just digital release. I mean... it will be 40th anniversary of the band. Every band of this status like U2 or as was mentioned - Metallica, if they will celebrate 40th anniversary, they would prepare a nice package with at least 5 disks, photos, posters - they would really take care of that, but Bon Jovi? Hah... They will put 50 unreleased songs on their website for 80 dollars in MP3 and that's it. that's all. That's the big celebration of 40th anniversary of the band which sold over 100 million albums worldwide. they just don't f*cking care, because it doesn't make them too much money, so why they would take care about that? This band is nothing what it used to be. It's not about music anymore... it's just a money machine for fake Americans like Jerry who are scared to tell themselves that Jon is a liar.
Two things:

1) I'll take the mp3s, welcome to the '20s hahahaha

2) Also, Jon said he was planning something special for that date and mentioned again the BoxSet. He didn't say it's gonna be only that.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:48 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Nik View Post
This may seem like I'm defending them but....they're not wrong doing it this way. A 40th anniversary of 50 unreleased songs from U2 and Metallica will sell because they didn't tank their career with oversaturation. Too many tours, too many albums, lack of promo, lack of interest from the world or anyone that wasn't just going to hear the hits.

There is zero market for a physical release from the band if the hits aren't involved, why would there be a market for unreleased material? There's doing things for the creative process but putting out a 5 disc set on a dying medium for an audience that isn't there....why even bother?

Also I think we're all jumping to huge conclusions about what's actually going to happen in TWO YEARS based on something Jon has said a sentence about.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:15 PM
Jovi Addict

The box set could also be a chance to see Richie again with the band for some shows...
Old 06-23-2021, 08:59 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
The box set could also be a chance to see Richie again with the band for some shows...
Anything is possible but I seriously doubt it.

I have a feeling that most of this stuff will be stuff that Jon did himself or stuff from the the past few years with Shanks, Billy Falcon, Etc.

Probably very limited stuff with Richie. And most vocals or guitar will be replaced if it's on multiple tracks.

The only thing that will have Richies stamp on them is cowrites and like I stated above, I think there will be a very limited amount of that.

The irony that Shanks took over right after the first box set.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2021, 10:18 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
I have also thought about that possibility, but it is highly unlikely. I always thought that a good time for Richie to come back would be in 2023, 10 years after he left. And the box set could be a good opportunity.

If Jon needs to record backing vocals, some guitars ... he will use John Shanks, I don't think Phil is on this project. But it would be great if Richie participated for the 40th anniversary. According to Obie, there is no such thing as a studio recording of Cadillac Man, I always fantasized about Jon and Richie meeting and recording with the band this song for the 40th anniversary. I don't care if John Shanks produces it, as long as the essence of the song be respected. It would also be great to have Pat Leonard as producer for that song, I know he stumbled on TLFR, but the guy is a genius, just listen to the studio recording of Last Man Standing 2003 and Thief Of Hearts, they sound fantastic. A new recording of Cadillac Man with Richie on board and with that sound would be exquisite.

Another thing, George Marino was another great loss (he did an exceptional job with 100 million Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong), not just for the Bon Jovi recordings, but for the entire rock music industry. The guy was the best mastering engineer from the 80s until the last decade, sadly passed away after a long battle with lung cancer in 2012. Since, I feel Bon Jovi albums don't have the same packaging sound in the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Fe View Post
Which one did you choose?

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 06-24-2021 at 12:12 AM..