Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New Fan Club Package Updates

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 04-17-2021, 08:05 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I'm of two minds of it tanking. A huge part of it tanked because the band's fan base has dwindled and they couldn't hide behind ticket sales inflating the numbers BUT it also got so little "real world" promo to anyone and I'd wager a lot of people didn't even know it was out.

People can scream all they want it failed because it was too topical/political, I'd say it failed because they're irrelevant. If it failed because it was too political there would have been backlash instead of silence.
It failed because no one liked it enough to actually buy a copy when you could stream it for free / part of a subscription
Old 04-17-2021, 08:12 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I'm with you on this.

Nobody knows it was released. Lockdown prevented the usual promo. Whether we like The One Show etc or not, Jon going on it will spread 'some' word on the album. He went too early because of Invictus Games and then went too late when Story Of Love was released.

The singles that got released weren't songs I'd have as singles.

I didn't see any adverts this time round when usually I see a Bon Jovi advert on ITV for the new albums.

There's many reasons it 'tanked' and yeah, it did. But I also think it would have done a fair bit better if we weren't in the circumstances we are.

Jon's approach to promotion has been totally different and much more enjoyable this time around with everything that has gone on.

The latest podcasts have been more fun and interesting than anything in a long time. Yeah, we get the usual stuff for 85% of it but we always will.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
I get their was a lack of promo but who would the promo be directed at? Anyone who didnt realise that they had a new album out couldnt have been much a fan as it was all over their social media channels. There was a lockdown, people were using social media even more than usual as there wasnt much else to do. Long gone are the days where they are going to attract new fans. It tanked as even the die hards and those who love everything Jon does didnt actually buy a copy of the album. If a fraction of those who bought tickets on the last tour purchased it then 2020 would have been a hit. For whatever reason, most chose not to.
Old 04-17-2021, 08:37 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

This album tanked because it's terrible and unlistenable.

Why would anyone want to listen to Jon Bon Jovi sing about stuff you hear about every day without offering any real insights or emotions behind it? He carefully dances around most issues and refuses to take a stand in the songs. There's no emotion, no pain in there. The songs are just... there. He might as well have sung about the weather forecast, it'd have been just as interesting. And so he did by writing Let It Rain and coming up with the same, overused metaphors.

The dreadful vocals, boring instrumentation, dodgy lyrics and subjects everyone's discussed to death are all reasons why no one cares. Even the one standout song is a remake of a song he's refused to do at 99% of every Bon Jovi show since 2000. People interested in those kind of songs have long abandoned ship and who can blame them, really? The original stands miles above this supposed masterpiece a lot of people on Jovitalk claim it is.

Jon's had a chance to dive into the gun ownership issue but carefully dances around it, refusing to take a clear stand and refusing to open the debate he sings about. His one shot at decent promo was gone the moment he went on to sing about gun ownership and Black Lives Matters. They're issues most people from both camps refuse to understand because they're not willing to listen to either side of the story and have made up their minds, as has Jon Bon Jovi.

2020 is a testament as to how Jon Bon Jovi is utterly incapable of writing topical songs. It's the prime example of why the songs "with a message" have never, ever worked. He just doesn't own up to what he writes about and if he refuses to stand behind the songs, why should people be interested in what he has to say?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 04-17-2021, 08:57 PM
Price of posting

Everytime JBJ posts something on twitter its full of women replying.
I think the JBJ experience is aimed at those women (and men of course) who think Jon sitting there looking at photos is "amazing as he's such a great man" rather than the people who wanted music and rarities.

BTW I'm not saying theres women who don't want demos etc as clearly they would but we all know that the BJ fanbase is now mostly women who lap up everything that Jon does no matter how shit it is.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 04-17-2021, 09:13 PM
Livin' on a Post

Anyone care to compile a list of what's been "shared" so far in the JBJ Experience...? Thank you.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:17 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicanio View Post
It failed because no one liked it enough to actually buy a copy when you could stream it for free / part of a subscription
What? You can stream just about every album for free. How is that Bon Jovi specific?
Old 04-17-2021, 09:18 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Everytime JBJ posts something on twitter its full of women replying.
I think the JBJ experience is aimed at those women (and men of course) who think Jon sitting there looking at photos is "amazing as he's such a great man" rather than the people who wanted music and rarities.

BTW I'm not saying theres women who don't want demos etc as clearly they would but we all know that the BJ fanbase is now mostly women who lap up everything that Jon does no matter how shit it is.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I more or less said this the day the Experience was announced and everyone got all hyped up as if this was ever going to be aimed at the diehards.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:55 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I more or less said this the day the Experience was announced and everyone got all hyped up as if this was ever going to be aimed at the diehards.
But Jon himself continues to throw out rare material statements

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2021, 10:15 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicanio View Post
I get their was a lack of promo but who would the promo be directed at? Anyone who didnt realise that they had a new album out couldnt have been much a fan as it was all over their social media channels. There was a lockdown, people were using social media even more than usual as there wasnt much else to do. Long gone are the days where they are going to attract new fans. It tanked as even the die hards and those who love everything Jon does didnt actually buy a copy of the album. If a fraction of those who bought tickets on the last tour purchased it then 2020 would have been a hit. For whatever reason, most chose not to.
I'm not saying it was directed at anyone in particular. The demand is still there enough to see the band live as the UK shows shown. They still sell tickets. So even 5% of those who went to see them because they like IML/Prayer etc 'may' just have bought it on iTunes etc. Apart from that, nobody I know knew it was out. Even people I know who claim to like the band.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 04-17-2021, 10:23 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
But Jon himself continues to throw out rare material statements

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
Right, and I think we'll honestly get the tracks he's talking about. But the way people are hanging the guy for not giving us all the stuff in the vault as if this is what it's about. It's about merch that's cheap to produce with low overhead mixed with some footage all aimed at casuals. It's the band's track record. I'm very sure we'll get Halo and a few others because they've backed themselves into a corner but the fraction of the fanbase that will be upset if we don't will be so so so so low that I'm not convinced they'd even notice. Matt has already blocked anyone who has talked back to him.