Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New Fan Club Package Updates

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 05-13-2021, 02:03 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I think this stuff might improve (source video aside for now), if Jon had someone like David Bryan join him once in a while and them then talk about anecdotes connected to songs and performances.
Like them showing some clips (even if not in full) from their first Giants show in '89 and having them remember things around it (guests and what it meant to them). I can imagine it being a lot less serious and also more fun for Jon if he had someone with him every now and then.
They could've easily just sat down with them recently when the band got together for the concert recording that's gonna be shown. Within one hour, you could've recorded enough for four of these to come.
But I guess we're putting more thoughts into this here than the person in charge is doing over there
Isn't it the JBJ Experience and not Bon Jovi? David Bryan is only going to be there if he gets a cut, and I don't think he is getting one.

Is it possible they are holding back because the numbers of people paying for the "experience" have not been good? I don't know, I am just looking for reasons why it would be so poor when the obvious reason is they just don't give a shit.

I would never pay for this regardless, but I feel a little bad for those who did because they were sold something that so far is not happening. Hopefully they are starting slow.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:40 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Isn't it the JBJ Experience and not Bon Jovi? David Bryan is only going to be there if he gets a cut, and I don't think he is getting one.
This is pretty speculative at best. We don't know that David wouldn't just do it to support the band/project. He's getting paid either way from the band I assume but who knows what their arrangement is.

And based on the feedback on twitter, the type of fan they're selling this to ain't complaining that much. They have rock bottom expectations as long as the band is putting it out. I would give an arm to see the numbers this is bringing in and what percentage are like us.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:46 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

I'm pretty sure that Times Square footage wasn't ripped from YT.

I remember when in 2003 Bon Jovi released a promo disc called "Bounce Tour Limited Edition DVD" which contained one song from the Times Square concert. It was the same tv footage from BS1. And that was years before YT came into existence.

My guess is that Bon Jovi don't have direct access to footage from certain events where they performed as guests. I mean all the awards shows, festivals and historic concerts like Times Square or Storytellers. And that's why they're using footage ripped from TV.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:16 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I'm on the side that this video shows the whole project is aimed at the type of fan that won't notice when something is ripped from a bootleg 5% of the fan base will recognize, don't get me wrong.
I get that a considerable amount of (J)BJ's fanbase were (are?) just there because omg guise hes so dreamy amirite???, but... the kinda fans who pay top dollar for exclusive content are the kinda fans who know the bootlegs. And for ****'s sake, he is playing the ****ing silly "i am an artist now my peers are dylan and petty" card, and this whole operation is founded on housewives not giving a shit about the music as long as JBJ is there to sell them Christmas hats.

Just like the luxury cruises thrash his whole "working for the working man we r the peoples band" schtick, this one lets us all in on the extent of his artistic ambitions. You can do commentary on your records in a respectful manner and comment on the craft, but nope, THAT was actually on Instagram!

I wonder how big the drop in numbers is gonna be after one year. Or was this always just planned as a COVID19-recouperation thing, to make some money during that period and then drop it?
Old 05-13-2021, 03:24 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
I get that a considerable amount of (J)BJ's fanbase were (are?) just there because omg guise hes so dreamy amirite???, but... the kinda fans who pay top dollar for exclusive content are the kinda fans who know the bootlegs. And for ****'s sake, he is playing the ****ing silly "i am an artist now my peers are dylan and petty" card, and this whole operation is founded on housewives not giving a shit about the music as long as JBJ is there to sell them Christmas hats.

Just like the luxury cruises thrash his whole "working for the working man we r the peoples band" schtick, this one lets us all in on the extent of his artistic ambitions. You can do commentary on your records in a respectful manner and comment on the craft, but nope, THAT was actually on Instagram!

I wonder how big the drop in numbers is gonna be after one year. Or was this always just planned as a COVID19-recouperation thing, to make some money during that period and then drop it?
"I wonder how big the drop in numbers is gonna be after one year. Or was this always just planned as a COVID19-recouperation thing, to make some money during that period and then drop it?" I have a sneaking suspicion this is always what it was meant to be. An avenue to sell tickets and merch and throw in a few cheaply made videos. Take out options 1 and 2 and you just have this middle of the road stuff.

To your earlier points....I both agree and don't. The kind of fans who want top dollar content are going to pay top dollar, yeah. But there's also the numbers game. A few thousand people are going to pay that amount no matter what you give. $80/year is PEANUTS compared to how much they're paying for a cruise, backstage access, Runaway trips. They've priced themselves so high that this is practically a bargain for them. But I couldn't guess how many hardcore fans signed up and were disappointed by the end results. This board feels like the last place to house some of our-type of fan and half the people griping didn't even sign up. They're just repeating it that it's bad without any real stake in it.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:13 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
EDIT: Just checked and it's from the DVD where a friend compiled all available footage of the show back in 2010 I think. I compared the screens which made me realize that the official upscaled upload is a bit softer around the edges, something you usually get when uploading VHS sources to Youtube. So then I went to Youtube and - I'm almost certain both used sources were just ripped form there.

For anyone who wants to watch the uninterrupted videos:
http://www.youtube.com/v/dqqsLP3-V_8
(even including the blinking VCR "Play" signal at the start)

http://www.youtube.com/v/XoYVFBKY6_A
(the Japanese BS1 footage was very heavy on the black areas which had made me suspicious in the first place)

So now I'm paying for Youtube rips...
Had they asked, I could've send them the original files I put together back then

But yes - it's pathetic..
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 05-13-2021, 05:24 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
A few thousand people are going to pay that amount no matter what you give.
That's the biggest issue longterm fans of the band's music have to suffer under. It's always been a band of looks (whether they wanted), but for the better part of the last two decades, they seem to have focused on capitalizing upon the "housewife chore" (not generalizing, but there's no denying that BJ has an incredibly percentage of these stereotpye fans).
It's good for them because they're able to milk the cash cow with whatever ridiculous price scheme for anything, but the big downside is that they can still sell enough of the same as long as Jon's smile is on it. No matter how overpriced, repetitive it is or how he sounds on it...
Old 05-13-2021, 06:03 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
That's the biggest issue longterm fans of the band's music have to suffer under. It's always been a band of looks (whether they wanted), but for the better part of the last two decades, they seem to have focused on capitalizing upon the "housewife chore" (not generalizing, but there's no denying that BJ has an incredibly percentage of these stereotpye fans).
It's good for them because they're able to milk the cash cow with whatever ridiculous price scheme for anything, but the big downside is that they can still sell enough of the same as long as Jon's smile is on it. No matter how overpriced, repetitive it is or how he sounds on it...
Problem is, at what point does simply finding someone hot stop being enough? Back in the day, those people who crushed on Jon also had the music. Now they just have that they find him hot? I find Katy Perry hot (not really actually, but it's an example) and I have never bought a single product from her.

Are these classic Bon Jovi housewives really only on board because Jon looks good? They don't see or hear the poor quality of the products?
Old 05-13-2021, 06:10 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Problem is, at what point does simply finding someone hot stop being enough? Back in the day, those people who crushed on Jon also had the music. Now they just have that they find him hot? I find Katy Perry hot (not really actually, but it's an example) and I have never bought a single product from her.

Are these classic Bon Jovi housewives really only on board because Jon looks good? They don't see or hear the poor quality of the products?
Suuuuuch a good point. I don't know if it's the feeling of nostalgia, low expectations, not wanting to give up on something you've always loved or what but that side of the fanbase is clearly financially carrying the band and it's a headscratcher. I get that they're genuinely happy with the output and I can't knock them for it but it makes it so much harder to get quality product out of the band.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:09 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Had they asked, I could've send them the original files I put together back then

But yes - it's pathetic..
Yeah - me too. I think some of my files are better quality too.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.