View Single Post

Old 12-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Jovi Fan

From Billboard.com

What kind of conversations has there been among the band members about the induction?

We've been rehearsing the last couple of days. We get together in order to write, record and stay fresh, so it happened the guys were in town the last few days and we're in the studio today finishing these couple of tracks that we're gonna put out next month. So we had a couple of nights to just give each other a hug and high-five and say amen. So it was cool, and I'll see 'em all again today.

So talk about the new songs you mentioned?

I started the process again and didn't have a full album -- maybe five (songs) where usually I have 35. So I picked two that were appropriate. One is called "When We Were Us," which is obviously about the band, a big ol' anthemic (song) and I think a great lyric that tells our story. And the other one is called "Walls," which is obvious what it's about, but because of the crazy world in which we live it's taken a little while to process and put some of it into lyric. So this is just a taste of that kind of thing. I felt like if I give one from column A and one from column B it would be a fair representation of some new material to accompany the forthcoming shows. They'll be out I think the very beginning of January, as soon as everybody comes back from the Christmas break. We're mixing them this weekend.