Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

New Studio Album - Forever

New Bon Jovi Releases


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1041  
Old 04-24-2024, 12:40 PM
semigoodlooking semigoodlooking is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 04 Sep 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleman View Post

Well i understand Jon and i'm sure he have conditions about Richie coming back. Do you want some "trainwreck" in band ?! Did you saw Richie in that- podcast with that Foos guy. Sory to say but loooks like Richie still have some problems, probably with drugs or medications....
Some people assume Richie is walking around hammered all the time. I agree that interview was... well, let's say interesting. Jon is the boss, so obviously he makes conditions, that's just how any boss/employee relationship works. But, Richie being a "trainwreck" is a bit harsh, I think. Unless you meant trainwreck in terms of performances, which in that case him and Jon are made for each other.

Regarding the interview, I think he says once "I wrote" about a song that was co-written. He talks about him and Richie writing It's My Life, talks about them writing Bounce together. Says about him and Richie writing Who Says. He uses the term we to say they evolved as songwriters. The term us and we is used multiple times.

Aldo Nova doesn't have a credit because he doesn't deserve one, unless there is evidence to the contrary.
Reply With Quote
  #1042  
Old 04-24-2024, 12:47 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Something for the Posts
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 3,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Some people assume Richie is walking around hammered all the time. I agree that interview was... well, let's say interesting.
I've said it before and I'll say it again for the benefit of those that weren't around here at the time - I don't believe that Richie is wasted everytime we see him. He has changed, there is something different about him and to me it feels more like health issues, mixed with age, mixed with years of partying. It almost feels like the aftermath of a stroke or some sort of long term damage. Sometimes it's better than others but it's always there. It's not anything like it was in 2014ish when he was clearly drunk a lot of the time. It's just speculation and it's just my opinion, of course.
__________________
Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #1043  
Old 04-24-2024, 05:18 PM
Litneg's Avatar
Litneg Litneg is offline
Senior Member
Born to be my Baby
 
Join Date: 01 Oct 2020
Gender: male
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I have a feeling that Richie wants to come back, but maybe Jon will only let him come back with some conditions, and Richie won't be okay with that. So it's his way of saying that Richie doesn't want to come back.
If one of major reasons Richie left was for Shanks being more involved with not only production, but also the recording process, there's no way he'd be back as things are now.

And I feel very pissed that the guy that should be recording guitars nowadays is Phil, but it doesn't seems to be like that.
__________________
Keep The Faith!
Reply With Quote
  #1044  
Old 04-24-2024, 05:33 PM
bonjovi_cro's Avatar
bonjovi_cro bonjovi_cro is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 14 Nov 2007
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Age: 31
Gender: male
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litneg View Post
If one of major reasons Richie left was for Shanks being more involved with not only production, but also the recording process, there's no way he'd be back as things are now.

And I feel very pissed that the guy that should be recording guitars nowadays is Phil, but it doesn't seems to be like that.
Well it's still possible even if that is one of the reasons. Perspectives do change. Sambora in 2013 does not have equal stock or chips as in 2024. He basically wasted a decade away. Jovi is still iconic arena rock band.
__________________
I'm full of dust and guitars.
Reply With Quote
  #1045  
Old 04-24-2024, 06:01 PM
Jovi98's Avatar
Jovi98 Jovi98 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 04 Nov 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 541
Default

I don't think Richie left BJ because of Shanks...

Between all the various hypothesis is not one of the most probable in my opinion.


Hearing the Jon's recently words almost seems that Richie was unable to come back to work at the Lubbock concert due to alchol or others subtances (Jon didn't directly said that, but Jon's words at least to me let think to that.

"Then someone says that was Richie's decision leave the band, others say that wasn't his decision."


We should be at least friend of someone in BJ camp to know all the truth...


Another my thought is that the ones that are more sad for Richie's leaving are probably us, not Richie.
Reply With Quote
  #1046  
Old 04-24-2024, 06:14 PM
Litneg's Avatar
Litneg Litneg is offline
Senior Member
Born to be my Baby
 
Join Date: 01 Oct 2020
Gender: male
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
I don't think Richie left BJ because of Shanks...

Between all the various hypothesis is not one of the most probable in my opinion.


Hearing the Jon's recently words almost seems that Richie was unable to come back to work at the Lubbock concert due to alchol or others subtances (Jon didn't directly said that, but Jon's words at least to me let think to that.

"Then someone says that was Richie's decision leave the band, others say that wasn't his decision."


We should be at least friend of someone in BJ camp to know all the truth...


Another my thought is that the ones that are more sad for Richie's leaving are probably us, not Richie.
Yeah, I said that, because it's what the media is saying these last days "among all reasons, the point of no return to Richie was when he knew that Shanks recorded the acoustic guitar in The Fighter". Don't know why that happened, but man, this was strange to read
__________________
Keep The Faith!
Reply With Quote
  #1047  
Old 04-24-2024, 06:53 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Something for the Posts
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 3,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litneg View Post
Yeah, I said that, because it's what the media is saying these last days "among all reasons, the point of no return to Richie was when he knew that Shanks recorded the acoustic guitar in The Fighter". Don't know why that happened, but man, this was strange to read
I think Richie knew by then it was over, he was just working out when he was going to leave. Something happened that night that made it impossible for him to go back to work. I don't buy that it was alcohol. Richie was on a flight back with Ava the day before, he (or she) posted it. Nothing around that time suggested that Richie was having alcohol or substance issues at that time. It was all too sudden. I don't think we will ever know the full story (even after the documentary)..
__________________
Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #1048  
Old 04-24-2024, 07:06 PM
semigoodlooking semigoodlooking is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 04 Sep 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I think Richie knew by then it was over, he was just working out when he was going to leave. Something happened that night that made it impossible for him to go back to work. I don't buy that it was alcohol. Richie was on a flight back with Ava the day before, he (or she) posted it. Nothing around that time suggested that Richie was having alcohol or substance issues at that time. It was all too sudden. I don't think we will ever know the full story (even after the documentary)..
While I agree with you, it takes 10 seconds to fall off the wagon and it doesn't matter if you are with your wife/husband, parents, or children. But I get what you are saying. To me something was already well under way in straining the relationship and Richie just couldn't bear going back.

Perhaps he thought he could get some time, for whatever reason he needed it, and Jon blocked him coming back.
Reply With Quote
  #1049  
Old 04-24-2024, 07:09 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
This Post Feels Right
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 14,009
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

"Life was one long after party
My welcome was too long of a stay
The guitar sings the same old story
But they leave it out, how the bills is getting paid

You give yourself ten second chances
I ain't quitting, I'm just splittin for a while
Ended like so many bad romances
One more victory lap before you say goodbye"

It's so hard not to put on a tin foil hat and dissect what this means if not in the context of the band, recorded months before the WAN tour. It just screams that something was brewing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #1050  
Old 04-24-2024, 07:09 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Posting everyday
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 7,373
Default

That thought had been on his head for longer, one just had to listen to You Can Only Get So High: "One more victory lap before you say goodbye..."

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forever (album)

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.