View Single Post

Old 03-30-2023, 05:38 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

How many goodbye's do you need?

This band did its farewell tour in 2011. It's just that no one knew it at the time and yet most people on here knew it would be the band's last great run.

Richie left. Jon's voice is gone. Any chance of hearing something remotely rare is gone. Any chance at hearing a spectacular preformance is gone.

What are you saying goodbye to now?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
You're projecting how you want to say goodbye onto others though. The post 2011 for sure tainted my view on the band. I don't want this to how I see them go out.

"This band did its farewell tour in 2011. It's just that no one knew it at the time and yet most people on here knew it would be the band's last great run."

This is a little much I think. It was really good tour but at no point did I think "well that's it for them, Richie will be gone in two years and Jon will get worse". At that point Jon was leaps and bounds better than what he was on previous tours, the overseas setlists were great. Hell Toronto was still getting one rarity at every show. I had no reason to think things would go the way they did.

It's ridiculously cheesy but I want to be at peace with it. Get the band back in one place, say thank you and that's it. I don't think either Jon or Richie can handle a full tour so it's all a moot point.