View Single Post

Old 04-04-2023, 03:57 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J. Always View Post
If that's what you want, I hope you get it. I said goodbye when I first tried to listen to 2020 and couldn't stand it. Then came those awful live performances in 2022. I listen to their old music now and it just makes me so sad that Jon's lovely voice is just gone. I don't think I appreciated it enough at the time. It goes back to the old saying about never appreciating what you have until it's gone I guess.
There is a bunch of studio technology out there today to make Jon sound like he was 25 again, if he was willing to use it. Considering the fact that technology has always been used with studio recordings, I really don't have a problem with it if the writing and musical depth was there.

I think Jon tries to create a balance between the two in order to keep it real but also to perform the songs live.

He knows his fans know his vocal limitations so if he cranks out an album sounding like he's 25, it could have significant consequences.

At this point I'd like to see him go for it because there are no more live performances. A simple song like Limitless is just as painful to listen to as Always.

I also feel bad for the band. I feel like they've all been sheltered enough. Phil now has a side project, Richie wants back in, Tico and Dave aren't getting any younger. If there is a time for these guys to get out there and slay it, it's now. All the ingredients are there to get back to work but if your lead-singer can't show up, you got nothing which is a darn shame.

Jon's playing Tennis in Florida like Jerry Seinfeld's Dad.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 04-04-2023 at 04:02 PM..