View Single Post

Old 03-18-2023, 07:03 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

A bunch of tracks that everyone loves from Burning Bridges stemmed from the sessions from THINFS, an album people don't like.

We Don't Run is loved, Knockout is hated. Both songs using the same production tricks (fuzzy crunchy bass, high gain drums with a bit of a dancier swing). It ain't cut and dry and wanting Jon to write like an era because if it comes out as forced, we rage that he's trying to recreate a sound (all the Live Your Life songs is a great example).

40 years in they're in such a no-win spot because they have so many sounds we have affinities for. Blood in the Water and Brothers in Arms fit the Keep the Faith vibe to a T but we don't want them to sound like 2020 so it's very confusing to know what people want the band to do.

Me? Keep making it sound like a band, more complicated guitar parts, get weird on a few songs and can bumper sticker lyrics. But bumper sticker cliche lyrics? That's Prayer. That's It's My Life, that got them here so I know I'll never get that.