View Single Post

Old 03-21-2023, 06:44 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † View Post
I've never been less enthusiastic about a new Bon Jovi record.

It pains me to say it but, if Richie isn't coming back, I'd rather they stop recording at this point.

The thought of more of the same is pretty underwhelming and also threatens to taint their legacy.

I felt the 40th anniversary was a chance to go out on a high. Instead it feels ike it could be a damp squid.
Mixed feelings on this. That Bon Jovi passionate in each track deteriorated over time. Since entering 2000, all the albums feel as lame as 2020. Some might flow better, like Crush, HAND, The Circle, but none of these albums have been really great.

What I'm saying is this, no matter how many forgettable records Bon Jovi releases, it will never damage their legacy, precisely because everything they've done since is not one cares.. So there is no need to fear for the legacy.

I've always said it, I'd rather have 10 forgettable post-2000 albums than absolutely nothing, because even though these albums aren't up to scratch, there's always some fantastic song, and it's also fun to watch how many times Jon recycles his own messages of optimism.

At this point, I'm not going to ask Jon and the band for anything, just keep releasing music.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-21-2023 at 06:47 PM..