View Single Post

Old 01-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
Getting there slowly with the book, but so far I'd really recommend picking it up. I was expecting a book the size of the other JBJ biography that came out a few years back, so to get a big glossy book the size of the WWWB book was a surprise. Lots of nice photos of the band and of other things like tickets and concert tickets/adverts and the like.

I'm only up to the Blaze/Stranger period so far. It goes into more detail about pre-band formation then any other chapter, especially as it has specific interviews with people like George Karak, Bruce Foster etc.. It then almost glosses over the first 2 albums somewhat. But then, we all know the story by now of most of those periods, whereas it was good to have some meat on the bones of the band formation, especially as these stories tend to change often.

It helps to bring up points I may have missed and little tidbits- such as Jambco releasing 2 albums. Aldo Nova's Blood On The Bricks and Billy Falcon's which was called "Heaven's Highest Hill". Now that was a phrase that I thought sounded familar- a quick google shows it's turned up in August 7 4.15, and also again in All Hail The King on THINFS. Neither of which, Falcon has any co-credit for.
Billy Falcon's album on JAMBCO was called Pretty Blue World.