View Single Post

Old 07-11-2020, 10:19 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
The I'cant Breath has probably been used before because it fitted the situation, but this time it is one of the 'main things' about the situation because it literally led to George's death

I am trying not to grade songs anymore. I try to listen more with my heart. Especially with this very topic! He sings what he feels and it touches me. The line about the kid brought me to tears. The harmonica stands out and it is very special to me. For me, this is why I started loving this band, apart from the drive in the rock songs.
I am with you. This song is strong. It touches people, the message isn't universal in the sense that they are not the generic bunch of words that everyone can tap into and feel whatever they like to feel about them and relate them to their own story. This marks a point in time where the world and many are saying enough to certain things happening in society.

The lyrics can't be misinterpreted. The song is low, slow, minimalistic and is basically a story or a plead that is told on music. The musical part with the harmonica screems Springsteen, but as a huge fan of Springsteen this part came as a nice surprise and it makes the song even stronger.

Rating songs is indeed something that is useless but what happened with this song is that I wanted to share it immediatly on my social media accounts, with my wife and kids and even my dad. That's a thing I only do when I believe is song is that good.

And in Bon Jovi standards: this song doesn't require musical nor vocal acrobacy so, it stands perfectly on its own.