View Single Post

Old 07-11-2020, 01:44 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam D View Post
Jon, as a white man, is commenting on the fact that he will never have to have the talk with his kids in the same way that black parents have to have with theirs.

Black parents have to look at the police differently than almost any other race in the US. I can't imagine what it must be like to have to train your kids, basically from birth, to be wary of the police and law enforcement.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Maybe it's just me - but I am as white as you can be and I have been hassled by the cops since I was 16. Even my car was suspect. I was a "hippie" then and fair game for the cops. Once I had kids, it turned out that any teenage boy was fairgame for the cops. (I had 2 boys first) My eldest son had a gun drawn on him in front of his own home in Ridgewood, NJ because somebody called the cops and said he was making them uncomfortable. UNCOMFORTABLE? Both Paul and I were at the police station the next morning and filing a complaint. So yes - I had the same talk with my kids as any good black parent would. Don't beak the law and avoid the cops at all costs. To this day I won't support the cops.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.