View Single Post

Old 09-25-2020, 09:36 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvi View Post
After two listens, I don't like it. There is nothing that makes me want to listen to it again.

Similar to Unbroken, the lyrics are so literal. There are some lines which are well written, but majority of it is either a cliche or a specific sentence like a headline you'd read in a newspaper. I want the romance in the lyrics back. More abstract and poetic lines.

I do like Jon's low voice in the verses, and the music is calming and gentle. But I'm picking at straws trying to find a positive.

3/10
This is exactly how I feel. I've been trying to find a way to write it down but you've done it for me.

The literal lyrics remind me of Randy Newman in Family Guy. Just sing about what you see.

How does everybody interpret the line "I'll never know what it's like, to walk a mile in his shoes?" Is this directly about George Floyd or a more general comment about the problems facing black people in America? If its the former I'd be quite disappointed in Jon given Floyd's criminal past.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

@JayChapperz