View Single Post

Old 08-03-2020, 06:38 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I don't know if I agree only because It's My Life somehow managed it by updating the band's sound to modern and for as much as they want to say it was a happy accident, it was incredibly forced. I'm not saying they can do it again, I'm more saying it's possible for older bands to find success again by modernizing what they do.
How many new fans did they get? How many more old fans listened to it?

Appealing to a new audience is not the same as rekindling interest in an old audience. It's still the same audience, only slightly more interested for a period of time. Furthermore, this is exactly what I am saying - it is possible to be pretty succesful by appealing to your own old fans; especially for a band like Bon Jovi that has a few nations worth of those in the reserve. Trying to look past them and appeal to a new audience and be "relevant" will not work and that is my point. Bon Jovi should stick to doing what they do best and their fans would be happy. Fans who by now have paid for their own houses and cars and as such are a far better audience for let's say a frontman that sees his band as a business