View Single Post

Old 08-03-2020, 07:50 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I was in Grade 10 when It's My Life was released and it was everywhere and people knew who the band was and Crush was a pretty significant record in the school (For a time period at least)
Those were the days!

I don't know if they could repeat a similiar success once again...even if Jon could still sing and if Richie was still in the band.
What they did back then was promo, promo, promo. When we worked on the Crush tour for our touring website we had as many promo shows/appearances as we had tour shows. The Crush Tour wasn't very long, yeah, but still the amount of promo gigs and appearances they made was insane. And to me that was part of their success they had in the early 2000s. After Bounce they did lesser promo for every record. It was still enough for their casual fans to buy the albums. But it was after Bounce where the mistakes have been made with them (Jon) thinking that they don't need to promote their stuff that much anymore to get some new audience. They rested on their laurels way too much.