View Single Post

Old 08-04-2020, 05:07 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Those were the days!

I don't know if they could repeat a similiar success once again...even if Jon could still sing and if Richie was still in the band.
I guess I am alone with this, but I would give them about 0.1% chance even if they did all the promo in the world.

What Bon Jovi was is not repeated anymore due to market being much more divided. Furthermore I still stand behind the fact that the rock is dead. Sure we love it. We buy records. But -we- are irrelevant in the popular culture scene. Face it guys (shameless generalisation coming, also girls and the rest etc but we are oooold.

Ariana Grande is relevant in 2020. Bon Jovi is not. And before you go saying anything about the kind of "art" she creates - stop and just try to put that into your grand parents mouths about Bon Jovi in the 80's...

What they could do is have a hit. That would be great. But still what I wrote about young people not wanting to listen to the music their parents did, stands. We and the like - and people who didn't even like Bon Jovi at the time, but who can relate to the era - would buy it.

Think about old bands, because that's what Bon Jovi is, and consider how many of them have ever - ever ever - been able to catch _and_ _keep_ a new audience 30 years after their peak? Even Let's Dance was far sooner in Bowie's career.

But. I have made my point and derailed the thread too much already. I fully understand that you might not think and feel like me about the issue, but one last thing: The best chance they have is not only get Richie back and get Jon into the best voice therapy on earth, but also hire Desmond Child for the next record. Pretty much 180 degrees on the current plan of staying relevant and appeal to new audience. In my non scientific and very subjective opinion