View Single Post

Old 11-26-2020, 02:09 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The thing is, there weren't THAT many solos on This House, really the only example of that being correct is the title track. Otherwise Shanks recorded and played live the solo for Living With the Ghost, Phil recorded and played live the solos for Knockout and Born Again Tomorrow, one of which barely got played live.

With 2020 you've got Beautiful Drug (Phil), Story of Love (Shanks), Blood in the Water (Shanks) Brothers in Arms (my gut is telling me it's both of them planned left and right). Luv Can and Shine were both Shanks I'm fairly certain.

I absolutely agree that Shanks's playing style is slightly bluesier and less frantic but when it comes to the faster paced stuff Phil is better. To me anyway.
Fair point. I didn't count the solos to be honest. I was typing that thought with WDR and THINFS on mind. WDR sucks btw, I don't know why Phil feels the need to play it differently. Shanks' original solo is perfect but I doubt he (Shanks) would be able to pull it off live.

One idea - is it necessary to have this thread when the concert/show is being mainly discussed in the album thread?
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights