View Single Post

Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
In my opinion a die-hard should own at least every official release!

How can someone say "I'm a die-hard but I only own 7 albums because the remaining 5 suck"? or "I'm a die-hard but my collection was downloaded illegally"?

There is also a fine line between stating an opinion on something you don't like and the constant harping on something you don't own.

If you listened to the album and don't like it, you absolutely have every right to state an opinion. However, there are people who download it illegally and make comments like they own it. I have a problem with credibility when it comes to someone stating something surrounding certain factors when they don't officially own the thing.

Maybe I'm old school but again, it comes down to Character!
Should own everything? Why? I'd like to add that die-hard should own at least 3 different versions of every release. I mean, average Joe can own a local copies, die-hards need to work a little harder to get something less-ordinary. Bah.

With the exeption of things that suck. Not buying such is the only way to send a message back.

Officially own? Sheesh. You know you can listen to things you don't own, legally. At a friends place and so on. So from my point of view such listener is very much allowed to form an opinion, and even dislike. But I'll try to keep in mind that there are people like you who think that opinions can only be based on bought items. Stupid, but now I know you are out there. Not that it makes any difference to me or the way I form my opinions.

Once again you bring up CHARACTER. Something that person who buys everything that has certain name on it on autopilot certainly doesn't show. Maybe I'm old school, but I just think that money should be earned, not given out based on just a name on a cover.