View Single Post

Old 03-08-2013, 01:42 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Downloaded it, listened to it once, then turned it off by the time I'd reached the bonus tracks. Won't buy it, and I have to be in a really good mood to buy a second hand copy. The 3,50 I'd have to spend on it I feel is better spend on something else that I actually do like.

Yeah...I went to 7 shows of the 2011 tour but didn't buy the Greatest Hits. I saw more than 10 shows in 2010, travelled 10.000 miles and saw shows in 3 different countries yet hadn't liked a new Bon Jovi album in years. I've got at least 3 different copies of every record up to Bounce, with 7 different copies of These Days topping the list. I've bought every single CD single that's out there back when I still liked the output of the band, making me own at least 100 different official CD's, whether it's a single, maxi single, bonus disc or just a regular copy of a disc. I spend 5 years running a Bon Jovi bootleg community and have a website that is one of the most visited Bon Jovi sites out there. All of this is not meant to brag, but just to point out how I am supporting this band.

But, according to your fine criteria I'm not a die hard, because I don't like the new music. When it comes to "supporting" this band, I think I can say I've done my fair share of it. I get tired of people on here slamming others for not liking what they like and saying they're not a fan because I don't live up to their standards. Because really, if we're measuring what defines a die hard by the amount of support people show for them I think it's fair to say I've supported this band than many other people who have been there from the beginning, and I doubt you've spend as much money, time and energy on this band, despite, according to you, having followed them from the beginning. Everyone supports this band in their own way, so stop being so judgemental of other peoples motives when there's no legimate reason for it apart from your gut feeling. Thank you very much.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I never stated that you need to like everything.

All you're stating above is that you were once a big fan but not so much anymore.

Going to concerts doesn't mean anything to me. I go and see this Beatles cover band 5 times a year because I think they are great. I'm not a die hard fan of them or The Beatles.