View Single Post

Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneDeaf View Post
1st. I could bet a lot that it would sell just fine.

2nd. How come that is untrue? Songs that don't require much effort played live. Everything watered down. Following same formula that is more or less proven to please certain audience in the states. Nothing original, just calculated.
1. No it wouldn't sell just fine. Would it sell some copies? Probably. But I'd bet most of the people who like What About Now wouldn't buy it because it would be a betrayal of what Bon Jovi are and always have been.

They've always written their own songs. Okay they've always followed the latest trend but they've never been a covers band. They certainly wouldn't release an album of covers of the latest flash in the pan and if they did, I'd bet 'the likes' of Rdkopper wouldn't buy it.

If you want to debate, at least be honest and realistic.

2. You said they put in 'no effort'. The clearly put in some effort or the album wouldn't exist. Otherwise, I'd have a bunch of albums too because I've put no effort into making music in my lifetime. You also have no idea how much time they spent writing the album.

You and millions of others don't like what Bon Jovi have become. That's fine. I understand why. You're entitled to your opinion. Rdkopper, myself and millions of others still like what they do. It isn't as good as some of their earlier work, like every band, but it's still a version of what made me love this band in the first place.

My opinion isn't better than yours any more than your opinion is better than mine. So debate away but lose the superiority complex.