View Single Post

Old 11-09-2010, 12:39 AM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Definitely? I can only hear that Jon doesn't sound like in 2000/2001
Haven't listened to these in a while, and Captain Crash does sound more like HAND tour. IML is definitely LH Tour, because the end of the solo is a bit different, which he started doing on that tour.

Quote:
Just Older is 2006 - listen to what Jon says at the beginning and then count
"24 years later, and the same smile on my face..."
1984+24=2008

Quote:
I know this date but I remember Seb saying something that there was another show there from which this version actually is. I don't remember it correctly
Same version musically. But the speech at the beginning of this version and the version on the record are different.
Quote:
Ok, do you know who said it? I think I can't compare them. Maybe youtube might help me.
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8204589

Quote:
That's nonsense. They did not play any Wembley venue in 1989. They didn't play UK in 1989 at all apart from the Milton Keynes Festival on 1989-08-19
Whoops. I just checked, and it must be from Wembley 1988 or 90. Don't remember the date, but Wembley stuck with me.
Quote:
Actually, it wasn't a mistake. His string broke.
Jon sure treats it like a mistake. But that makes more sense, Hugh doesn't make mistakes often, if ever. He just sits there, groovin' and playin' his bass. And no photoshoots and interviews (very often), and getting to play with Bon Jovi, this man has an enviable job.
Quote:
I agree on ISWID, it sounds fresh and entertaining. Nothing you can say about it now. It even sounds like from early KTF days to me, according to Jon's intro but none of my versions agree. I've listened to some live versions of this song and I must say that eg the one from Rotterdam 1993-04-23 is really cool. It sounded worse even in 1995.
For sure it is from that era. It sounds like some sort of a promo show, like 1992. The SE version has all the right vocals, and a good solo. Some of the versions now just seem to drag on and on and on. And the lower vocals in the chorus make it really sound tired. They need to do something to spice it up, or drop it altogether.

Last edited by TwinFan; 11-09-2010 at 12:43 AM..