View Single Post

Old 11-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfan View Post
Haven't listened to these in a while, and Captain Crash does sound more like HAND tour. IML is definitely LH Tour, because the end of the solo is a bit different, which he started doing on that tour.
Ok, thanks, didn't notice it before

Quote:
"24 years later, and the same smile on my face..."
1984+24=2008
now I look like idiot why on earth did I think it was 2006? I was thinking about HaND tour because they played bunch thematically similar songs together. Runaway, The Radio Saved My Life Tonight, Just Older - all of them refer to the very beginnings, well Jon makes them refer.
Question is whether he thinks about 1984 as the beginning. When he did the timewarp in 2005 and 2006, he usually stopped in 1984, then he changed it to 1983 or 1982 when Runaway was written.
However, most likely you right

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFYdelZw8SE Same version musically. But the speech at the beginning of this version and the version on the record are different.
Well, there is nothing to change musically, I think. They played the same each show. But you might be correct that Obie put together two different recordings. I just can't see why. In And Out Of Love is the very same as in Tokyo 1985 but the intro is different and sounds like the one they did in 1986... just an example

Quote:
Thanks!

Quote:
Whoops. I just checked, and it must be from Wembley 1988 or 90. Don't remember the date, but Wembley stuck with me.
It is not. I have them all apart from one. So there is a very little chance. They played it differently in 1988 and in 1990 the version was similar but the middle part was different and I don't think he would go back at one show to what he did a month ago when he does the same on the previous night and the night after.

Quote:
Jon sure treats it like a mistake. But that makes more sense, Hugh doesn't make mistakes often, if ever. He just sits there, groovin' and playin' his bass. And no photoshoots and interviews (very often), and getting to play with Bon Jovi, this man has an enviable job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Are you sure about the string break? You can still hear him playing. It almost sounds like he started "Radio..." instead. I'd assume from the similar intros.
I'm not sure but heard Obie saying it was a broken string.. he might be wrong, we know who he is.
I' surprised that we don't know about it. It is only four or five years ago, I think the pbps were done at that time? And some of the people here must have been there....

Quote:
For sure it is from that era. It sounds like some sort of a promo show, like 1992. The SE version has all the right vocals, and a good solo. Some of the versions now just seem to drag on and on and on. And the lower vocals in the chorus make it really sound tired. They need to do something to spice it up, or drop it altogether.
YES

Thanks for help, I hope others would join.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights