View Single Post

Old 11-09-2010, 11:10 PM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
now I look like idiot why on earth did I think it was 2006? I was thinking about HaND tour because they played bunch thematically similar songs together. Runaway, The Radio Saved My Life Tonight, Just Older - all of them refer to the very beginnings, well Jon makes them refer.
Question is whether he thinks about 1984 as the beginning. When he did the timewarp in 2005 and 2006, he usually stopped in 1984, then he changed it to 1983 or 1982 when Runaway was written.
However, most likely you right
I was wondering that, too. I've heard that Runaway was even written in 1980. But I believe the band officially formed in 1983, which would make that 2007, which isn't out of question, with the Prudential shows and the Canada tour. I think that Jon usually refers to 1984 as the beginning of their career, with their first record, and when they started doing live.

Quote:
Well, there is nothing to change musically, I think. They played the same each show. But you might be correct that Obie put together two different recordings. I just can't see why. In And Out Of Love is the very same as in Tokyo 1985 but the intro is different and sounds like the one they did in 1986... just an example
I have listened VERY carefully, and I can conclude that it is the same. Trust me.
Quote:
It is not. I have them all apart from one. So there is a very little chance. They played it differently in 1988 and in 1990 the version was similar but the middle part was different and I don't think he would go back at one show to what he did a month ago when he does the same on the previous night and the night after.
You're probably right. I don't think where I saw that from was too reliable of a source, but it is from the NJ tour for sure. That doesn't narrow it down a bit, though.