View Single Post

Old 11-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Yes, you're right. They played in Birmingham on 1989-12-27, that's almost 1990 I skipped a line when reading it. I have this show too.
But Prayer was done the normal way and I'll Be There For You wasn't played at all. They played Living In Sin at every show at that time - it was the current single. I'll Be There For You was done sometimes as a second ballad of the show, opening the encore. But not that often.
Johny, I,ve already said they played 3 nights there .The final night they started with Raise Your Hands(as opposed to LYHOM) and played two acoustic songs Prayer and I,ll Be there for you. They also had the lowered platform during Let it rock and JBJ and RS were right above our heads when they came out into the audience.
Without sounding patronising I,m 42 and remember it well. you are 22 and taking your info from the internet I would imagine.
I still cant understand why these shows arent listed on a lot of archive sites, but the same sites state Queensryche supported BJ in the uk in 86. It was in fact a group called FM. There are quite a few mistakes on these archive sites but for some reason when I point them out I seem to be ignored despite the fact I was at these shows. And while I,m still moaning Crown of Thorns, Thunder and Van Halen supported BJ at Sheffield on the Crossroads tour in 95. Not Ugly Kid Joe.

Last edited by dcj28; 11-09-2010 at 11:39 PM..