View Single Post

Old 03-21-2006, 11:12 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I more or less agree with your review more than I do Daves. I'm not going to do the song by song thing because I generally like every song and 12 short blurbs of "I Like this song because.." gets old fast. As much as I hate the term, I feel this album is a "return to form" for the boys. It manages to combine the fun of Crush with the heavy guitars of Bounce (Sound wise, not what they're playing). As much as I liked Bounce, it got old quick, there needed a fun value to get any replay.

I JUST listened to HAND in it's full form a few minutes ago actually. I just love it. The big highlights for me are HAND, LMS, Last Cig, and Novocaine. I think Novocaine is the best thing they've recorded since 2000 and it's easily in my top 10 of fav jovi songs ever. I'm glad they dropped the cheesy drum machine and keyboardy effects. The whole album can EASILY be played on an acoustic guitar or two and still make sense but Bounce would sound odd on acoustic guitars. Speaking of, I love that over half the album has acoustic guitars tucked underneath the electrics to give it that extra oomph. I love John Shanks production style, much more than Luke "keyboards make it better" Ebbins.