View Single Post

Old 03-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to Miracle Send a message via MSN to Miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus

Dirty Little Secret: Good rock song. Actually sounds a bit dance-y as well … kinda reminds me of a song by a band called Head Automatica, if anyone knows them. Nice drumming throughout, good guitar as well, nice solo. Like most of the songs I think Jon does a good job with this one, he really gives it some on, for example, “I wanna feel alive!”. The lyrics for the most part are great: “I light a candle in the garden of love, to blind the angels looking down from above” … how deviant, almost like Damned all over again. Would probably have been a worthy inclusion on the album proper, I’ll give it 7 or 8 / 10

Nothing: Officially my most listened to song on the album, which is odd considering it’s not even on the album. I love it, it’s kinda like I Am, but better IMO. Absolutely great chorus, great opening with the acoustic guitar before the drums and everything else kicks in, love the general acoustic/electric feel of it. No guitar solo perhaps, but I reckon the chorus near the end makes up for it, with Jon’s “I could learn to live without you, but I WOULD DIE!” and the “I won’t give up, cos you know I won’t let you down” outro. I have very little bad to say about this song, definetly should have been on the album, in place of I Am if the reason that it wasn’t on there was because they are too similar. 8 or 9 / 10
I'm glad someone else sees a slight similiarity between Damned and Dirty Little Secret. I didn't pick up on it right away, but after listening to DLS a few times, I definitely thought of Damned, which happens to be one of my all time favourite Jovi songs. Plus whenever I hear DLS, all I can picture is the Sims video Naomi made for the song

And I completely agree with what you've written about Nothing.

A queen upon my barstool throne
I vow to never drink alone,
I only drink with friends or total strangers