Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Thank You, Goodnight: The Bon Jovi Story, coming to Hulu

New Bon Jovi Releases


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 01-23-2024, 03:31 PM
Faceman Faceman is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 12 Apr 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 897
Default

We had the same discussions when "One To Say Goodbye" was supposed to be on the Box Set
I still think that we will never get a farewell tour and that we will never get a farewell album. They do another tour and another album. And either there will be something to follow up or not.
Jon knows best that he can't let go. So he will keep all options to go on and not making a fool of himself when he has to announce a comeback after they already retired.
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 01-23-2024, 03:44 PM
nikos greece's Avatar
nikos greece nikos greece is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 07 Jan 2009
Location: athens,greece
Gender: male
Posts: 1,315
Default

happy about the doc series...hope it turns out great...
i hope there will be some honesty there regarding some big issues like the Richie departure and the vocal issues...
i ll dare to make a happy ending guess and as a closure of the documentary, another album will be released, another cycle, maybe an opening for richies return even...
to make the ending bittersweet
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-23-2024, 03:55 PM
Jovi98's Avatar
Jovi98 Jovi98 is offline
Senior Member
Born to be my Baby
 
Join Date: 04 Nov 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
happy about the doc series...hope it turns out great...
i hope there will be some honesty there regarding some big issues like the Richie departure and the vocal issues...
i ll dare to make a happy ending guess and as a closure of the documentary, another album will be released, another cycle, maybe an opening for richies return even...
to make the ending bittersweet
If there will be the part about Richie departure i’ve afraid that could be the most false and constructed part…
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-23-2024, 03:58 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Freak
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 3,276
Question

The band have never aired their dirty laudry in public. I'd be very surprised if they start now. Hopefully Jon will know better than to come across as the cold and calculated person that he did in the When We Were Beautiful doc, and he shows a little more of his humility and humbleness.
__________________
Thinny
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-23-2024, 05:42 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is online now
Moderator
This Post Feels Right
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 14,161
Default

The "All past and present menbers" verbage is wid. One guy died long before this went into production and the other is involved. If it's just Richie, why not just say that? It feels odd considering it's not a band that's had many lineup changes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-23-2024, 05:42 PM
blazeofglory's Avatar
blazeofglory blazeofglory is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Hopefully Jon will know better than to come across as the cold and calculated person that he did in the When We Were Beautiful doc, and he shows a little more of his humility and humbleness.
I’m fairly confident that he will. Based on the interviews he’s given especially during the pandemic he seems a lot “softer” and more comfortable with presenting himself that way to the world nowadays. It’s also pretty clear that he’s been in therapy and doesn’t seem to feel like he needs to put on that much of a stoic mask anymore. He seems to be fairly in touch with himself and his mental health nowadays, which I think he wasn’t really during his “cold and calculated CEO” era.

Whether the documentary will address the topics the fanbase wants to see addressed the most (Jon’s vocal issues, Richie’s departure, etc.) remains to be seen, but I do think the part of the description mentioning Jon’s vulnerable moments is probably genuine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-23-2024, 05:48 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is online now
Moderator
This Post Feels Right
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 14,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
I’m fairly confident that he will. Based on the interviews he’s given especially during the pandemic he seems a lot “softer” and more comfortable with presenting himself that way to the world nowadays. It’s also pretty clear that he’s been in therapy and doesn’t seem to feel like he needs to put on that much of a stoic mask anymore. He seems to be fairly in touch with himself and his mental health nowadays, which I think he wasn’t really during his “cold and calculated CEO” era.

Whether the documentary will address the topics the fanbase wants to see addressed the most (Jon’s vocal issues, Richie’s departure, etc.) remains to be seen, but I do think the part of the description mentioning Jon’s vulnerable moments is probably genuine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I genuinely think the vocal issues and lack of touring has humbled him. He can no longer hide between false #1 album claims, the curtian has been pulled and he cant boast anymore.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-23-2024, 06:22 PM
PanosBonJovi's Avatar
PanosBonJovi PanosBonJovi is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2011
Location: Greece
Gender: male
Posts: 673
Default

You are all very optimistic if you think they'll say anything big or serious about Richie's departure.
__________________
"Talk about a dream, try to make it real"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-23-2024, 06:59 PM
semigoodlooking semigoodlooking is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 04 Sep 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
The band have never aired their dirty laudry in public. I'd be very surprised if they start now. Hopefully Jon will know better than to come across as the cold and calculated person that he did in the When We Were Beautiful doc, and he shows a little more of his humility and humbleness.
And cover the music. When We Were Beautiful barely touched the music. Such a strange doc that was, seemingly greenlit so Jon could show the business world how successful he is.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-23-2024, 10:18 PM
Nige's Avatar
Nige Nige is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2002
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Gender: male
Posts: 2,079
Send a message via MSN to Nige
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The "All past and present menbers" verbage is wid. One guy died long before this went into production and the other is involved. If it's just Richie, why not just say that? It feels odd considering it's not a band that's had many lineup changes.
Archive footage of Alec maybe, or maybe he recorded something usable at the RARHOF?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
thank you goodnight

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.