View Single Post

Old 01-12-2019, 08:41 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
This may be true in Jon or Richie's case, but certainly not every band. I recently watched a documentary on the making on the last Deep Purple record, which was released last year, and Bob Ezrin (the producer) was very critical of their perfomances and their songs and suggested some major changes to them. Of course at the end of the day it's up to the band, but if they don't listen to the producer then they are wasting their money hiring him. He's there to be critical and get the best out of them. There is absolutely no point in one that just agress to whatever the artist wants.
But isn't that contradictory to say he's agreeing to whatever the band wants but it also sounds like his style? I mean Jon clearly likes working with him and likes how the records sound and I guess that's the sound he's chasing and John gets it dialed up the fastest. It's sad when someone you respect falls into routine, he needs to push himself to do better.