View Single Post

Old 03-15-2019, 03:24 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez View Post
With this you say 15 years, I assume you basically mean since Crush which is disingenuous
No, 15 years ago means Have A Nice Day, which was first played in 2004 and then eventually released in 2005. It's their last global hit as crowds all over the world know the song. Sure, it wasn't as big as It's My Life but then again not many songs in their career are.

Quote:
I'll agree that noone gives a shit about them playing around in the studio bar the fans (which amounts to way more people than most bands can count) but every record hits the charts - Bon Jovi is a brand that sells and there'll always be someone trying to make money off that so you might be right, the brand may be done, but I guarantee someone with a marketing budget will try to prove you wrong.
Bon Jovi charts because they incorporate downloads and "free" copies of their album to ticket sales and because of a vaste amount of people buy the album regardless of what's on it. A number 1 nowadays means a whole lot less than it did 10 or 20 years ago. Sure, it's still a number 1, but you no longer need to sell as many albums as you did back then to make it to the number 1 spot.

"Someone with a market budget" was the record company, who no longer felt any desire to prove anyone wrong.

They stopped backing Jon up with decent marketing scheme because of whatever Jon came up with. A lot of money went into the promotion of The Circle and it didn't get the album anywhere. Thus the record company stopped promoting it and Jon blamed the record company instead of the shit album he'd just released.

The reason this stuff doesn't get promoted is because Jon's got his "creative" freedom with the new deal and look where it got us. No one's telling him it's shit now and every album drops off the charts once every loyal fan has bought it. So I'm just not buying it. If you want people's attention you'll need to come up with something decent first. And Jon's just not making the music his fanbase wants anymore, and thus no one will be willing to invest either.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan