Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The Circle (New Album)

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 11-14-2009, 03:51 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I've put off writing any kind of review for the album until I had at LEAST two weeks to let it sink in. If anyone wants to read it, it's at http://tarotcardshark.livejournal.com/5441.html. my personal journal I don't write in all that much.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I don't know if this was mentioned but I really hate that Hugh is not mentioned in the booklet woth rest of the guys. On all of the albums until now he was. Today, he is written somewhere between sound engineers and this kind of people. This is very disrespectful. I accept that he is not a part of the band but why the hell they can't treat him somehow? In addition - when he could be there on the albums from Crush to Lost Highway, why not now? These Days had a different booklet with names and instruments written under the photo and since he is not in any picture he is not mentioned with them here. However, he is mention at the very beginning of the staff working on this recerd. Not now. We can't see him in the videos. Do they want to hide him or what???

I'm fed up with JBJ and the way he rules this band. This and all of the stuff around (ticket prices = writing lyrics they don't relate to) really spoil the quite good impression from the album. It's a nice change after Lost Highway. On the other hand, I can't see where you all get the optimism and enthusiasm. It's nothing groundbreaking, just Bon Jovi at their average, maybe better average (because their average was lowered too much...)
making a living playing bass for Bon Jovi, yea it's a hard luck life for Hughy.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Undiscovered Posts

I'm not happy. I'm more than happy for this new release, called The Circle. AMAZING album. For me is the best since These days. 50/50 with Crush I would say. I was very dissapointed with Lost highway cause there were some cool songs, but cmon..that is not what I want from Bonjo. Now I see the return to their roots without losing the new ideas and sounds they have been doing in Crush, Bounce and HAND.

I'm really happy and it's nice to see this band well and making great music. They seem a lot younger than they really are. That's perfect.

THANKS BON JOVI!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I don't know if this was mentioned but I really hate that Hugh is not mentioned in the booklet woth rest of the guys. On all of the albums until now he was. Today, he is written somewhere between sound engineers and this kind of people. This is very disrespectful. I accept that he is not a part of the band but why the hell they can't treat him somehow? In addition - when he could be there on the albums from Crush to Lost Highway, why not now? These Days had a different booklet with names and instruments written under the photo and since he is not in any picture he is not mentioned with them here. However, he is mention at the very beginning of the staff working on this recerd. Not now. We can't see him in the videos. Do they want to hide him or what???

I'm fed up with JBJ and the way he rules this band. This and all of the stuff around (ticket prices = writing lyrics they don't relate to) really spoil the quite good impression from the album. It's a nice change after Lost Highway. On the other hand, I can't see where you all get the optimism and enthusiasm. It's nothing groundbreaking, just Bon Jovi at their average, maybe better average (because their average was lowered too much...)
Ever thought this might be what Hugh actually wants?

When we met him on the Bounce tour he was quite happy because he could just go and run about the streets and do whatever - some of my friends were having breakfast with him - he couldn't do that if he was one of the "faces" of the band.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Plus Hugh doesn't have to do all the boring stuff like turning up for photoshoots, miming to music videos and that.

He's got it good.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Blaze of Posting

Send a message via MSN to jade4jovi

I am loving this album. I'm getting a bit gutted I won't be seeing them this tour now. Damnit.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04

I'm really excited to see the first setlists from the tour. Just so I'll know what to expect when my show rolls around in April. I can't believe I'll be seeing them for the 4th time.

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????
Old 11-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Tokyo Road

I'm actually liking this album more with every listen ... first time round I wasn't entirely sure, but the fourth time round I'm picking out some awesome stuff.

I'm writing my own all mattering review It'll probably take a while, but it will be worth it

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
I'm actually liking this album more with every listen ... first time round I wasn't entirely sure, but the fourth time round I'm picking out some awesome stuff.

I'm writing my own all mattering review It'll probably take a while, but it will be worth it
Wait, are you saying you've heard the album only four times?
Old 11-20-2009, 05:12 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post

I'm sure it will be!

Tags
the circle