Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

The Richie Sambora Album

New Bon Jovi Releases


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 10-01-2018, 06:27 PM
nikos greece's Avatar
nikos greece nikos greece is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 07 Jan 2009
Location: athens,greece
Gender: male
Posts: 1,053
Default

Happy with the news!! Bob Rock may be the ideal guy for this project...A producer who pushes the artist to reach his potential and also a guy who saw Richie in his prime so he knows he can deliver.
i havent followed bob rocks projects after st anger but producing is a talent that i assume doesnt go away, so really happy these guys got together again. there is a story from bob rock that he was called to produce stranger in this town, initially accepted, but a later decided to let down Richie who was a friend and take a shot with metallica...and black album happened..
Richie imo is a truly talented guy who likes to contribute, his role in Bj was ideal to showcase his skills, his chops etc. Richie wants to prove himself again, wants to be active, want to prove other people wrong and in a way maybe thats the best way for him to move forward. If Richie & jon work again in the future it would be nice to happen in a new ground, with everyone standing tall.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 10-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,689
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
Happy with the news!! Bob Rock may be the ideal guy for this project...A producer who pushes the artist to reach his potential and also a guy who saw Richie in his prime so he knows he can deliver.
i havent followed bob rocks projects after st anger but producing is a talent that i assume doesnt go away, so really happy these guys got together again. there is a story from bob rock that he was called to produce stranger in this town, initially accepted, but a later decided to let down Richie who was a friend and take a shot with metallica...and black album happened..
Richie imo is a truly talented guy who likes to contribute, his role in Bj was ideal to showcase his skills, his chops etc. Richie wants to prove himself again, wants to be active, want to prove other people wrong and in a way maybe thats the best way for him to move forward. If Richie & jon work again in the future it would be nice to happen in a new ground, with everyone standing tall.
Bob Rock produced that garbage from RSO as well. And... away flies all hope.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-01-2018, 07:38 PM
jazzsta jazzsta is offline
Senior Member
Hardest Part is the Night
 
Join Date: 01 Jun 2016
Gender: male
Posts: 271
Default

I hope that they put some real drums and some simple proper instrumentation this time.. Enough with overproducing. And enough with fake drums (so audible in RSO songs).

On a different note, I think we are being overexcited. They just said they are writing some songs together. I would like an album and fast. But maybe it will not turn into one. So keep the expectations low.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-01-2018, 08:48 PM
nikos greece's Avatar
nikos greece nikos greece is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 07 Jan 2009
Location: athens,greece
Gender: male
Posts: 1,053
Default

obviously not everything he touches turns to gold...you cant polish shit. but he is a guy who can push Richie and Richie himself wants to prove himself to him as well i think..
There is a myth around some producers like Bob Rock and Rubin, some artists have called them gods/magicians whatever and other charlatans..the truth imo is in the middle..there were lucky enough to be in the right place and time and collaborate with huge talents on their prime, but they also had the ability to take the best of them and deliver it in a sonically great product.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-01-2018, 09:15 PM
JackieBlue JackieBlue is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 May 2013
Gender: female
Posts: 2,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsta View Post
...

On a different note, I think we are being overexcited. They just said they are writing some songs together. I would like an album and fast. But maybe it will not turn into one. So keep the expectations low.
Actually Richie did say "We're starting a new record, Bob and I. It's a Richie Sambora record..."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-01-2018, 10:24 PM
JackieBlue JackieBlue is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 May 2013
Gender: female
Posts: 2,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
... and Richie himself wants to prove himself to him as well i think...
I can believe that. And I gotta say that in just one short clip, Richie already comes across to me as more genuine and more interesred in this project than he ever seemed to be about the RSO project. That clip is the kind of informal stuff he would do, fairly often, when he was working on AOTL; especially after Luke convinced him to start tweeting. I know he did promo interviews; but if he posted anything at all about RFA in social media, I don't remember it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-01-2018, 10:42 PM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 4,395
Default

Is good enough and pretty cool for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqpK...ature=youtu.be
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-02-2018, 04:45 AM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is online now
Senior Member
Posting everyday
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Is good enough and pretty cool for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqpK...ature=youtu.be
Nice... Any other songs were Richie takes the majority lead? (Just shows you how disconnected I was to that disaster)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
__________________
World’s Most Professional Bon Jovi Fan!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-02-2018, 10:09 PM
Zakatar Zakatar is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 05 Apr 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Nice... Any other songs were Richie takes the majority lead? (Just shows you how disconnected I was to that disaster)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Check out "Forever All the Way". My personal favorite RSO song, and also the one with the least amount of Orianthi on the whole album. Also not overproduced in the slightest.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-02-2018, 10:28 PM
rolo_tomachi rolo_tomachi is offline
Senior Member
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 19 Aug 2009
Gender: male
Posts: 4,395
Default

Take Me is my fav song.

"im just trying to love myself, take me, take me, perfection ain't real .... here on planet earth"
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.