View Single Post

Old 09-24-2017, 11:08 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KaMi_ View Post
Well, in Rise and Good Times I'd say that is 50-50, then Masterpiece and Truth, you're right, she seems like the lead, but you got Take Me that is only Richie.
The whole thing is more or less balanced. At least Richie appears in masterpiece and truth, I think she's not in Take Me at all, right? I didn't expect a song with only Richie, and I like it.

How far apart the EP's would be released? How do other bands do it?
In a duet, the weight of the song to be a lead singer is easy, if this voice starts, it is already winning the thing, unless the rest of the song predominates the other singer, in Good Times orianthi opens the song with his voice, and although Richie is everywhere, she certainly has more weight, is a duet of course, but it is not so balanced. Of course it is very difficult to do a 50% song, but in Rise are very close to getting it, the problem is that Orianthi's voice is a little above Richie, and gives you the feeling that he is a secondary voice in many points.

As a metaphor, this is like seeing Mad Max Fury Road, you are waiting for more presence of your hero, but... we see him sitting in the passenger seat, and Furiosa takes the singing voice of the whole movie. And it's a very good movie that I love, but it could easily have been better if Max had been given some more weight. Balanced.

But it's not a very serious problem, I mean, this is just the EP1, and others will be on the way, I just say that I want to see Richie carrying more weight in the duets, I want some duets to be Richie feat Orianthi, and not like now. Orianthi fans have to be very satisfied.

I think I would have been happier, if they made separate albums, but with a couple of duets of both on each album.

I hope this thing is only a short-term project, it would be a disappointment that later continued to make RSO albums in this way, you know, the young girl, Orianthi is Stevie Nicks with has great brightness and Richie in the background almost in the shadows. fleetwood mac on steroids? seriusly? Most of the time is lighter.

About the songs, Masterpiece is a masterpiece, Orianthi is big in this one, Richie's voices are very good, the guitar solo is cool, and the chorus is awesome. Richie has high backing vocals in Truth too, this is what Jon should have done with the last Bon Jovi albums, to add a bit more to Richie as backing vocals, that would have been really fantastic.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-24-2017 at 12:18 PM..