Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The Richie Sambora & Orianthi album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 10-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Something for the Posts

I reckon that from the 22-25 song we will able to pick 12-13 great songs that would make a great album. The interesting thing will be what songs each of us would choose for the final album out of those...I'm sure that we would all chose completely different tracks! A lot of people choosing to be negative about getting EPs, but I'm actually quite excited by the prospect...

There is certainly still a lot of room for improvement on the next EPs, and it will be good to hear the more guitar based and bluesy tracks that Richie mentioned...
Old 10-12-2017, 04:36 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I reckon that from the 22-25 song we will able to pick 12-13 great songs that would make a great album. The interesting thing will be what songs each of us would choose for the final album out of those...I'm sure that we would all chose completely different tracks! A lot of people choosing to be negative about getting EPs, but I'm actually quite excited by the prospect...

There is certainly still a lot of room for improvement on the next EPs, and it will be good to hear the more guitar based and bluesy tracks that Richie mentioned...
100 percent yes, agreed. It hasn't failed, you can't write off anything based on first week sales.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:44 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
In other words no ones buying any!
I get that part CMIIW..

First they say it sold out, and then they say..It still available and then it cancelled because of The Vegas shooting..If no one's buying it make sense, they fabricated the sold out part to draw attention...But i dunno just another crazy theory..smh
Old 10-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Price of posting

RSO is heading to #Chicago for a taping of Soundstage @wttw Grainger Studio on #Halloween! Tickets selling fast at http://wttw.com/soundstage !
Old 10-14-2017, 11:18 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundfire624 View Post
If no one's buying it make sense, they fabricated the sold out part to draw attention...
You don't say something is sold out if you want to attract ticket buyers. Saying it's sold out does the oppose and serves no purpose if it isn't sold out, and there were certainly no tickets available online at that time.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:09 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundfire624 View Post
I get that part CMIIW..

First they say it sold out, and then they say..It still available and then it cancelled because of The Vegas shooting..If no one's buying it make sense, they fabricated the sold out part to draw attention...But i dunno just another crazy theory..smh
So, you think the ticket site, the Grammy Museum, and RSO are all in cahoots. That they not only schemed together to fabricate a story, but also conveniently timed it to coincide with a random act of violence and the death of a rock icon. All just to draw attention to RSO.

And people call ME a conspiracy theorist!

If by "they" you're referring to Richie and Ori, "they" aren't the ones who first said it was sold out. AXS, (the site where the Grammy Museum's site sent ppl to buy tickets) said there were no more tickets available. The Grammy Museum box office confirmed that the show was sold out. A few days after that, according to the screenshot GLP posted, Ori retweeted a fan site's message that more tickets were available. To my knowledge the first time RSO mentioned a sold-out show was in the announcement about the cancellation, which if I understand correctly, was a joint decision by RSO and The Grammy Museum, made out of respect for the Vegas victims and those affected by Tom Petty's death.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:06 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Let's remember Perth - it was cancelled because the "album was at a crucial stage" and they couldn't leave LA. Now, imo That Did translate to low sales as the reason made no sense and it's how much longer before an EP was released?? That was in a 2000 seat venue however and the tour promoter could have pulled the plug. There's a long thread if anyone wants a refresher.

The Grammy Museum - know for start up, revamping or those looking to bring in media, reviewers, managers and so on. Scuttlebutt: The artist(s) keeps a lot of the tickets for those individuals, friends and family. 200 seats - I believe what was available sold out quickly. It was "postponed" but no date even yet. Maybe those who had tickets chose a refund because they don't know if or when the show will be - also maybe the artist(s) needed less than originally planned. I don't know anyone who got any of those tickets. $35.

Chicago, if you look at the venue map, about 400 seats. All the $250 seats are gone.That's your artist's guests and those who would watch them juggle just to be there. Lot's of BJ fans are that way so that's not meant to be mean. When I looked aprx. 1/2 the seats, the lowest are $75 are still available. Should they sell it? Probably. It appears a promoter, so higher tickets plus televised they want a fan base that would be pro RSO. Casuals normally won't spend that much. The one's that want to go, O'Hare is one of the locations that seems to always have airfare deals. My son just went round trip last year for around $250. It's set to be recorded for PBS so I would think they would put their best feet forward vs some of the prior performances, (Melbourne for example).

Richie has never had the success with his solo shows in the states he did in Europe. Some people are still waiting for AMOL shows to reschedule??? Ori, could not sell out the 200 seat Troubadour $10 while the guitarist for Alice. The reality right now is they are the equivalent of a start up, especially in the US. He alienated a lot of the BJ fan base, 1/2 her fans hate him, 1/2 his hate her. They will not be large festival headliners but their best bet is to make the playbill. The EP, just the fact that comments were disabled, articles closed comments, says too much about the general audience and they need those people to fill seats and buy copies - IF they want this new brand to be successful.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:07 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by golittleperson View Post
Let's remember Perth - it was cancelled because the "album was at a crucial stage" and they couldn't leave LA. Now, imo That Did translate to low sales as the reason made no sense and it's how much longer before an EP was released?? That was in a 2000 seat venue however and the tour promoter could have pulled the plug. There's a long thread if anyone wants a refresher.

The Grammy Museum - know for start up, revamping or those looking to bring in media, reviewers, managers and so on. Scuttlebutt: The artist(s) keeps a lot of the tickets for those individuals, friends and family. 200 seats - I believe what was available sold out quickly. It was "postponed" but no date even yet. Maybe those who had tickets chose a refund because they don't know if or when the show will be - also maybe the artist(s) needed less than originally planned. I don't know anyone who got any of those tickets. $35.

Chicago, if you look at the venue map, about 400 seats. All the $250 seats are gone.That's your artist's guests and those who would watch them juggle just to be there. Lot's of BJ fans are that way so that's not meant to be mean. When I looked aprx. 1/2 the seats, the lowest are $75 are still available. Should they sell it? Probably. It appears a promoter, so higher tickets plus televised they want a fan base that would be pro RSO. Casuals normally won't spend that much. The one's that want to go, O'Hare is one of the locations that seems to always have airfare deals. My son just went round trip last year for around $250. It's set to be recorded for PBS so I would think they would put their best feet forward vs some of the prior performances, (Melbourne for example).

Richie has never had the success with his solo shows in the states he did in Europe. Some people are still waiting for AMOL shows to reschedule??? Ori, could not sell out the 200 seat Troubadour $10 while the guitarist for Alice. The reality right now is they are the equivalent of a start up, especially in the US. He alienated a lot of the BJ fan base, 1/2 her fans hate him, 1/2 his hate her. They will not be large festival headliners but their best bet is to make the playbill. The EP, just the fact that comments were disabled, articles closed comments, says too much about the general audience and they need those people to fill seats and buy copies - IF they want this new brand to be successful.
Very well put!
Old 10-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

It all looks like if they want to have the thing done and move on. I can't see the passion in here, just fulfulling the promises made ages ago...
Old 10-17-2017, 10:52 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

They seem pretty excited to do this, what gives you the impression to the contrary?

Tags
orianthi, richie sambora