View Single Post

Old 03-05-2018, 10:41 PM
The Distance

It's pretty pathetic to the entire Music Industry as a whole that 120 thousand albums sold is enough for a number 1 spot period!!!

Forget Bon Jovi... what happened to the other millions of bands out there selling music?

I don't think the bundling thing is done for any type of accolade or bragging rights by the band... I think it's all record company driven... Veteran artists are great at selling concert tickets but lack mainstream successes... So in order for the record company to support the new albums and promote them, they need other outlets to help generate album sales and considering ticket sales are huge for Bon Jovi, they latch onto that...

It's most likely part of the bands new record deal... There is no money in record sales or even singles for veteran bands anymore which is the reason why most get dropped (and essentially why Jon got dropped)...

I think it's a win / win... Jon can still tour without an album like Billy Joel does... but as long as Jon wants to make new music under a record label, 10 bucks from all ticket sales going towards that album,which is essentially the case, isn't a bad deal....it's also a very small percentage when you look at the grand scale...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 03-05-2018 at 11:06 PM..