View Single Post

Old 10-26-2016, 04:33 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post
I was studying when opened Facebook and found out about the leak. Stopped everything for the last 3 hours and listened to it about 4 times. Plain and simple: this album is amazing.

For the last 3 years I had to read how much Richie-less Bon Jovi was going to suck, and for a moment I believed it, but when the band released Burning Bridges I realized that there was hope, but then the singles came and I got a little scared. Long story short, this album rocks, and it's good from beginning to end, bonus tracks included.

My favourites are: Living With The Ghost (amazing lyrics), The Devil's In The Temple (might be the best in the album, real rock), and the third place is a really close between the upbeat Roller Coster and Scars On This Guitar, which is the only song I like more live so far (maybe with Knockout).

There are some low points like Reunion, but the record overall is pretty good. The production is loud but suits good the album (in the way HAND did).

There're songs from The Circle, What About Now, and Burning Bridges that I really loved, but as a full album I believe this is the best one since Lost Highway or Have a Nice Day, if you don't like "country".

Can't wait for the two missing bonus tracks!

Thank you Bon Jovi for this album! I believe the last time I loved a record from this band this much at the first listen was back in 2005 (LH was a grower).
Nice write up... and I'd even say it's the best post 2K album as a whole... start to finish...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk